586,094 active members*
3,772 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > CamSoft Products > It's me again..........with this jog file.....

It's me again..........with this jog file.....

I've noticed my Y and X axis are backwards on the keyboard up=down, down=up.
    Also when I press ALT to initiate incremental jog, the buttons on all axis are in the opposite directions to when I jog normally, either in slow or rapid.
    I noticed in the book it mentions the JOG.FIL can have logic to alter the axis direction, but I don't know either how to enter the logic or even if it can be changed only on the 2 axis.

Cry louder, Darc I've whined for months that I wanted to be able to map my own jog keys and write my own jog logic and have it bound to the keyboard keys. No joy yet. Hope keeps me going though
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Darc,

The default keyboard Jogging keys functions, distances, speed, directions, inter-action with other features ect.. are configured in the JOG.FIL file. For example use a negative value for GEAR to reverse the direction and then if need be a positive value back again when exiting the JOG.FIL file.

In addition to this you can reverse the polarity of the wiring and or use several other user definable methods for jogging by joy sticks, physical jog buttons, touch screens ect...

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    (951) 674-8100
    [email protected]
    www.cnccontrols.com
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)