586,069 active members*
3,389 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamBam > CamBam plus beta 0.9.4 (pre release)

Exclamation CamBam plus beta 0.9.4 (pre release)

Here is a link to the latest CamBam plus (pre release).

This is a binary only release, so unzip it somewhere, copy in your CamBamPro.lic file (if you have one, otherwise it run as evalutation) and run CamBam.exe.

Warning! A lot of the toolpath generation code that has been tried and tested by hundreds of users over the years has been rewritten so please treat this early release with some caution and I would strongly recommend running simulations or air cuts before cutting.

http://www.cambam.co.uk/downloads/Ca...9.4_081009.zip

This version of CamBam now has off-line help files. The Help – Contents menu brings up local help html files.
    I am aware of some IE formatting issues and I am working on extra documentation that will be included in a new 'stable version' installer release that should be available very soon.

Under ‘What’s New?’ of the included documentation, there is a description of the new features of this release.

The main focus of this release has been refinements to toolpath generation.

Unioning of toolpaths (collision detection) allows for machining that was not possible with previous releases such as machining around closely packed text and PCB layouts.

Lead Ins have been improved and are used wherever possible, including open polylines, pocketing and reverse lead ins on the trailing edges of holding tabs.

A new feature called SideProfiles has been added to profile machining operations. This allow pseudo 3D machining of 2D shapes with sloped and curved sides.

I will be working on more documentation and tutorials over the coming days to describe these and more new features in extra detail.

As always I would like to offer a huge thank you to all the brave crash testers who have been trying this release over the past weeks and providing such fantastic feedback and insightful suggestions.

I hope you all get a lot of enjoyment out of this release and I look forward to being continually amazed at all the skilful, creative and imaginative work being produced.

Andy Payne [10bulls]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CamBam094.png  
    www.cambam.co.uk