586,533 active members*
2,770 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

EMG / Fanuc 10M

Hi, I have a japanese Kiwa milling machine from 1984, since I got it it has never started up. The EMG on the screen is highlighted but there is nothing wrong with the EMG-stop circuit.
    What more fault can cause this state?
    How can I see the ladder, is there a password (L don´t work)?
    I can´t find EMG in the ladder documentation, but I find EMS is that the same?
    The guy I bought it from promised it would work, it was in production when he bougt it. But I suspect that some more safetycircuits has been added, if so where could this be overjumped or could it mabye be changed by some parameter.

/Sweden

can you output your ladder to a file? and please tell the type of ladder version

i can have a look if i can adjust the ladder file.

are the phases connected correctly? does it give a message with the alarm.

Check the following areas
    Control panel Door interlock
    Phase sequence relay if available
    Over Travel Limit Switches, Push the OT Cancel switch and check
    Air pressure switch
    External emergency switches at ATC, Chip conveyor etc
    Hyd. pressure switches
    Over load relays
    Out put of 24V DC from SMPS
    Control Fuse blown
    Control mcb Trip
    Pl. check the above areas othervise mail us the Electric & Ladder Ckt.
    L. Sakthivel
    Email:[email protected], website:www.premierengrs.com

Thanks for the fast answers!

First, there is no alarm and no message and lube-pump runs in the right direction. I have also tried to switch the phases but with no good result.

When I hit the PC/NC button on the operationpanel I have got four choises, one is parameters, one is diagnos, one is ladder and I dont remember the forth one. (I´m not in front of the machine until the weekend again). When I hit the softbotton for ladder nothing is happening, diagnos seems to work and I can see and search for signals.

I cant find any pressureswitches for hydralic-pressure or air-pressure, lets say I´m 99% sure it does not exsists.

The machine had an APC witch the former owner has taken away, the hydraulics is only for that one. The doors has been automatic but is not there anymore, only the cylinder with its limitswithes.

The 24V seems to be ok, but what do you mean with SMPS?

The EMG-circuit what I can see i OK, no OT-swithes are on, no EMG push-bottons are on. The NC gets the 24V at the EMG input.
    The NC displays "1" saying its OK.

I´m no expert but my feeling is that the ladder sequense does not start or is interrupted by some reason without giving any alarm.

When I say it´s no alarm, I mean it is nothing displayed in the messages. But the green EMG letters in the bottom of the monitor is highlighted.

//Kristian

Have you checked your Option Parameters are set correctly for your machine?

No, I have not found the parameterlist. Are there parameters that compleatly turn off the APC and autodoor functions?

Are you having Electreic Diag. Check the Pallet changer Ckt may be having the signals of Emergency, Pallet clamp, Pallet in position, Pallet Number inside the machine etc.
    L. Sakthivel
    Email:[email protected], website:www.premierengrs.com

Now I have taken another look at the machine, I found out that the Emergancy Stop in the ladder should be 1 to be okay not 0 as I thougt...
    The ESP in the ladder has the adress G10.4 and is for the moment 0.
    The signal that is missing is the X8.1 SPALM (spindel alarm?).
    Anyone know if this signal comes from a fault in the spindel servo unit or if it is something wrong with the cables or motor/overheat contact?
    I´m still not abel to see the ladder on the screen, nothing happens when I push PCLAD. PCDGN works fine but it would have been much easier to see the signals in the ladder.

//Kristian

I had a similiar problem after I bought a used Takisawa MAC 2VE with 10M.
    my electriction wired it up and I found out the voltage in the building was 238 Volts and it has a High/low switch for voltage over 208 +/- 10%. near the transformers.
    Switch it and was in business.

Hope this help!

Russ

The voltage from the transformer is 200V so that dont seems to be the problem, but thanks for the tip!

In this thread "http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49280&highlight=x008.1" it shows that X008.1 (DI81) is on pin #35. Is it possible to make a jumper between pin #29 and #35 to see if there are more faults...

//Kristian

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwa View Post
    I´m still not abel to see the ladder on the screen, nothing happens when I push PCLAD. PCDGN works fine but it would have been much easier to see the signals in the ladder.//Kristian
    I am not sure about the 10 control but on my 15 controls you have to change K17.0 in the keeprelays to view the ladder. K17.7 is to edit the ladder. You have to change PWE bit in the CNC side first before you can change the keeprelay in the PMC side.

Stevo

e stop on kiwa palletmaster 4 fanuc 10m

kiwa palletmaster with fanuc 10m control had power supply outage.when power returned spindle drive board was damaged.replaced board and fault disappeared
    but machine is in permanent E stop no messages or alarms displayed Estop displayed on CRT. dont have wiring diagram any body have cure or electrical
    manuals