586,907 active members*
3,099 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

RFQ Simple Aluminum Bearing Blocks

I will try attaching the CAD file for these parts at the end of this message. I would like a quote for the quantities listed in the autocad drawing of each part. These are simple bearing blocks for a helicopter project, all should be 43mm wide 6mm thick aluminum plates with holes as shown in the drawings. The dashed hidden lines didn't come out because of the short size so some of the screw holes look like solid shapes. I don't need much of a fancy finish on these parts, but they should be relatively smooth. Would like quote for first run and then for quantities (leave that to you). This is my first post so please let me know if any of you need more information than I have provided or if the drawings are missing anything.

Please feel free to call, (847-778-0874) email, or IM me,
    AIMbarsamia
    YIM:barsamia
    MSN:[email protected]
    Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just so you know. The 4 rectangle slots in your drawing have sharp corners. Not possible to mill that. They will need to be broached or EDM'ed. This one feature will make the cost of your part sky rocket! Make sure you really need features like this before you ask for a quote from someone.
    Thanks

Jeff Davis (HomeCNC)
    http://www.homecnc.info

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Excellent Point Jeff for everyone's info, the square edges are NOT a requirement for that part, rounded is actually prefered and the edges shown should be used as a stopping point for the center of the bit. If you have questiosn please let me know I will try and updated the drawings based on that feedback.

I also just noticed a couple of cad anomolies, evidently cut/paste operations skew things.

All parts should be 6mm thick alu plates I think some of the drawings were showing 5.xx for thickness on some parts.

OK I made updates based on some feedback and I apologize for the sloppy drawings I presented. I want to note that the only tolerances I am concerned about on these parts are bearing holes (which are shown with a 1mm lip on these drawings). The bearing to bearing hole centering, the bearing hole diameters, and the bolt to bolt hole spacing are what I am looking for accuracy on. I am talking accuracy in the hundreths of mm not really more than that. Please if you have question or if I missed anything else let me know.

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Always remember, round tools do not make square holes!
    It's not all science, it's art
    caitolly :cheers:

have you found anyone to make these parts for you yet?

parts

Please email me the prints I would like to quote these parts. thank you
    and hopefully we can work something out, Nathan

Please contact me in regards to these parts. I would be glad to quote them if they are still available. [email protected]