586,114 active members*
3,376 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Demo CD

Demo CD

Here's a link to register for a free demo CD of Solid Works. Its a long link so you might have to do a bit of cutting and pasting to get it into your browser on one line. I'm about to register and hope they'll send one here to Australia.

http://mkt.solidworks.com/emarketing...r+View&SWERF=1

Hi Arnie,
    if you call 1800cadcam (here in Australia) the resellers of Solidworks can enrol you in a free half day introductory course where you draw a part and get a copy of the demo cd (which from what I understand is only restricted in the area of not being able to import or export files). I'm still waiting for them to get back to me but looking at their web site the next course in Melbourne is about March next year.
    Cheers
    Splint

Thanks Splint, thats what I like to see, a free hands on introduction. I'll sign up for that but how do you dial 1800 cadcam? Is it like the alpha keys on a mobile phone? BTW, do you know about the Solid Works user group in Melbourne? Apparently its well attended and well run. I should visit.

And whereabouts are you Splint? Somewhere in Melbourne?

Hi Arnie,
    sorry I lied to you, it's 1300cadcam (1300 223226) or you can visit the website at www.intercad.com.au, I met these folks at the Automate show at Jeffs shed recently, they were more than happy to offer the intro course even though I told them I was a hobbiest.
    I'm located in Geelong, if you go to the thread about the Great Aussie BBQ in the Australian Clubhouse I am back row centre in the group photo.
    I have heard about the Melbourne SWUG, never been to a meeting though. From what I've heard SW is very similar to SE as they share the same core programing so you should take to it like a duck to water. Who knows, we may even end up in the same class together.
    Cheers
    Splint