586,104 active members*
3,387 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport Interact 412

Hello evryone.

I am currently looking at purchasing a Bridgeport Interact 412 VMC.
    This machine was used daily before being replaced with a Fadal.
    It has GE Fanuc control.

I know of only one problem with the macine and that is the tool changer is not functioning. The tool carousel will not extend out to the spindle

So my questions are, what would be a resonable price for this machine? What kind of support still exists for this machine? What would be needed to reconfigure this machine for 1Phase 220VAC if possible? If the answer to the last question is no or the cost would be more than the cost of a balanced converter, then I will go with the converter.

Thanks in advance.

Eng101

I installed these about 1993. Thus it is a 15 year old machine. Keep that in mind.
    The FANUC is a 0M MATE control which is a very labor intensive control to do anything. It requires a lot of arrow over this way and that, up and down to get to the item you want to do. I installed 2 in my territory. They were not popular. Fanuc support is Fanuc. Anything else will be hard to come by. I do not believe I have any data on them.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Question Before you buy..

I bought a 412 in 1987 ( with a different control ) after 10 months I made them buy it back and bought a 1989 vmc 40 Fadal. The reason...it would not cut round or square pockets. A 5 to 6 inch circle or square pocket would off by .003 to .006 thou. They could not fix it.
    So... who knows about the machine you are looking at? I would make them cut a round pocket and see what you get by checking how round it is.
    Just thought you would like to know and check that out. Steve

Thanks for the info. so far.

Well I did it. For the price I could not pass it up. Now I need power. I live in Georgia and
    need help in securing a 3 phase converter that is balanced for CNC machines and wont break the bank. At a minimum 10Hp would do the job, but 15-20Hp would be better.

Thank you