586,100 active members*
2,627 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

WOW That's sum serious stuff.
    I count 43 bodies at this link, bottom photo on shelf. http://www.swbturbines.com/mamba_gallery.htm
    That's $102,985.00 worth of turbines!:devious:
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Paul,
    I see you are also into fixed wing. I fly mainly .40 size(ease of transporting) but into a bigger project that is taking me awhile. I started on using ducted fan but switched to making my own turbines. I have made some parts and the dies for the sheet metal work and have 2 66mm turbines rotors from Wren and the impellers from Dieter in Switzerland. The model is 1/5th Cf100 with a ws 149.5" and a length 148". Still building but as this goes along I keep making changes. Someday I will have to stop.
    The turbines I am building are the kj66 with the plans from Artes in Spain. It has been very interesting at this point and I have made a vacuformer, spot welder and the mechanical part for a sinker edm. This is one of the reasons for coming on here to see what else I can do on a limited budget.
    Any questions I would be happy to help or steer to somewhere that may help. I like what I see with this forum as besides the cnc you have a place for hobbies that will entwine with making parts.
    John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CF100(side).JPG   Dies.jpg   EDMfrt.jpg  

Hi dude,nice looking project.
    i just want to ask if you have some pic`s from the begining of the project to the point your now,how much time did it toke you to build the Engines and what tools did you used?
    thanks

Hi,
    I have not completed the turbines as of yet. Wife was in the hospital over 3 months last year and is in now for corrective surgury to the bowel. Everything is on the up and up but will get back at it soon.
    I have made most of the parts on a lathe but purchased a mill last fall and a few items to go with it. After deliberating I am going to do some new parts and also use the EDM. It just needs the board for the stepper to run and I got the chip last week. It will be 3 years this summer when I started on the ac but kept changeing things so will put a halt to it and get on and finish it.
    This is the main reason I came on here was I want to look into cnc and try to make my own for hobby things like the turbines and also ic engines.
    Will find some more pics and post when I get back from the hospital.
    John

thanks for the response,hope you wife fells better man,i was one month at the hospital and it sucks.

That Cf100 is huge! Did you finish it yet? A 2 car garage is being held up til, (and maybe after) you finish it! (Nah, we didn't copy the 262 in any way!)