586,051 active members*
3,646 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

EXITECH DSP COMPATIBLE FLASH DRIVE

I HAVE AN EXITECH SHG 1212, I RECEIVED A FLASH DRIVE WITH THE MACHINE (UNISLAN BRAND) I HAVE KILLED IT.
    I HAVE TRYED TWO BRANDS IN THE CONTROLLER BUT THEY ARE NOT READING THE FILES.
    DO'S ANYBODY KNOW A COMPATABLE BRAND FOR THESE CONTROLLERS

MANY THANKS
    HEATH

If its not working try a flash drive 256mb or under, I am using two legend ones.

http://www.ecartridge.com.au/index.h...rget=d110.html

Same ones as in the link above and they have been working fine.

Edit, I wouldn't pay as much as that site is asking though, try on ebay.

Shannon.

right on the money

big s,
    i did get one to work, you where right on the money 256 works
    it probaly would help if i had some idea what i was doing.
    i had to get taney to send me the DSP parameters the pulse eqiv
    was set wrong.
    once again taney came to the rescue, with a super fast reply.
    i've cut a bit of dibond & just gob smacked how accurate it works.
    i am finding may way through & are happy with my progress
    i am still installing my new shed signs
    but hope this arvo to do the counter sign i will be using a diabond/ acrylic & self adhesive vinyl to manufacture.
    i will post it when i've got in up

thanks again

heath
    :rainfro:

just found another one
    available at officeworks
    about $11 for the 1Gig
    works well on my machine

http://www.lexar.com/jumpdrive/jd_firefly.html

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rocabig View Post
    just found another one
    available at officeworks
    about $11 for the 1Gig
    works well on my machine

http://www.lexar.com/jumpdrive/jd_firefly.html

Richard
    Richard,
    thanks they may be easier to source, Big S put me onto some 256mb legend brand.
    i ordered them but have not recieved in the post yet.
    i ring around town & see if i can find one.

many thanks
    heath

richard,
    i have the lexar flash coming in the mail, they where hard to find in my area
    for what its worth i got around it another way.
    i got a card reader from the reject shop $3
    then saved files on sd card (fuji brand) punched the card into the usb
    connector & bobs ya uncle i was on.

ta
    heath

Information about USB Drives.

Somebody was looking for this information.

Rocket.

Neither of the 2GB USB sticks supplied with my 2 new machines (Maxicam) worked.

Yesterday, Maxicam and I spent over 3 hrs via video/skype trying all kinds of things to resolve problem because we both thought that there was something wrong with the DSP. We could see the files on the DSP screen but couldn't get them to run. They were prepared to send a new one.

This morning I re-formatted both USBs to FAT32 and they work perfectly now.

Norbert

Hi all,
    Yeah, I use the Lexar 1g (blue) which work great, bought the 2g (black)version, prepared in exactly the same way as the blue, loaded in a dnc and it scrambled the DSP, had to re format the DSP to get it working...

So far Ive had 4 of the Chinese ones from exitech and 2 other random makes, the exitech one are way too flimsey, but the lexar 1g are very robust and have last well so far.

My worry is how long the USB slot in the DSP is going to last ? mines already feeling a bit loose.

Ive dabbled with the usb out of the DSP to PC for direct downloading of the nc files to the inner file list on the DSP, but havnt quite nailed it. the syntek software is not the most stable, plus cant find any help files out there....so its all a bit of a guess at the mo.

Graham.

Graham, We doubt that you actually own an Excitech. Every one of your posts seem to be those of a knocker.

Why don`t you just take the hint .... and take a hike - a long way away!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote " Ive dabbled with the usb out of the DSP to PC for direct downloading of the nc files to the inner file list on the DSP, but havnt quite nailed it. the syntek software is not the most stable, plus cant find any help files out there....so its all a bit of a guess at the mo." End Quote.

What has the Syntec software to do with it? The Syntec is a controller that is used on the Auto Tool Changer machine, and has nothing to do with the DSP on a manual tool change machine.

Our Chinese USB sticks that were supplied by Excitech do the job extremely well. In fact we lost the first USB stick and Taney sent over another couple for us to use. In a year and a half - absolutely no problem with them.

Then you try to tell us that your Yako drive is shot. But then it turns out not to be the case. Next attempt - the wires are broken. Sheesh!

Our Excitech has been absolutely reliable.

There appears to be a new " carvinmarvin " that comes along every month or so to try and rubbish our machines - but you all just trip yourselves up. Get a life!!!

Rocket.

ROCKET,Give the guy a break,

I have read both of his posts on Yako drives and now the usb key thing,
    and Iam sorry but I cant find anything that reseambles bashing the Excitech
    Machines.

We all have established you are one happy customer with the Excitech machine,

But would you believe there are some problems that crop up,
    With Excitech Machines and all the others for what its worth.

In which I thought this forum was about!
    If people have legitamate problems,then why souldnt they be address.

Quote Originally Posted by jubee View Post
    ROCKET,Give the guy a break,

I have read both of his posts on Yako drives and now the usb key thing,
    and Iam sorry but I cant find anything that reseambles bashing the Excitech
    Machines.

We all have established you are one happy customer with the Excitech machine,

But would you believe there are some problems that crop up,
    With Excitech Machines and all the others for what its worth.

In which I thought this forum was about!
    If people have legitamate problems,then why souldnt they be address.
    jubee, yes - you are probably right and i am just overly suspicious of some posters. If i am wrong - apologies to those concerned.

This is the sort of thing i referred to -
    So far Ive had 4 of the Chinese ones from exitech and 2 other random makes, the exitech one are way too flimsey, but the lexar 1g are very robust and have last well so far.

And this -My worry is how long the USB slot in the DSP is going to last ? mines already feeling a bit loose

Certainly not the case in our experience

I have no wish to pick a bun fight - but am i the only one to be suspicious of these sort of comments?

Graham - if you are on the level - i withdraw my comments.

Rocket.

Rocket
    Firstly I’m, truly disappointed with your comments, and was going to ignore your post, but have decided to reply so as to expose you to the rest of this forum for what you are…which I’m am sure the open minded and intelligent users of this site can figure out.

I am a genuine user of the machines you appear to be obsessively passionate about, and do not profess to be an expert, hence I rely on people out there for help, of which, I have had some genuine helpful hints and guidance. thank you to them, I am not an Electro mechanical expert, I am a patternmaker so hence my clumsy and sometimes desperate approach to my electrical problems, our business relys on these machines to be up and running at all times, so anything that can speed up that process when a problem occurs is a godsend.

My posts are sincere and factual as per my experience with this piece of equipment, and for the record I have always sung the praises of Exitech, never wittingly commenting in the negative, as I have said in the past my experience has been a positive one.

It was my intention by contributing to this forum to pass on any experiences and solutions that help to solve problems others are experiencing.

Lastly, I will not be bullied off this forum by your offensive messages, at least have the decency to make them public, keep your profanities to yourself.

Before I publish your comment.. I’ll give you the chance to apologise and publish it yourself….

Graham.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0043.jpg  

that sure looks like a shop on the level to me!!

good looking setup graham

jim
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Well now i am just jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by GraHutch View Post
    Rocket
    Firstly I’m, truly disappointed with your comments, and was going to ignore your post, but have decided to reply so as to expose you to the rest of this forum for what you are…which I’m am sure the open minded and intelligent users of this site can figure out.

I am a genuine user of the machines you appear to be obsessively passionate about, and do not profess to be an expert, hence I rely on people out there for help, of which, I have had some genuine helpful hints and guidance. thank you to them, I am not an Electro mechanical expert, I am a patternmaker so hence my clumsy and sometimes desperate approach to my electrical problems, our business relys on these machines to be up and running at all times, so anything that can speed up that process when a problem occurs is a godsend.

My posts are sincere and factual as per my experience with this piece of equipment, and for the record I have always sung the praises of Exitech, never wittingly commenting in the negative, as I have said in the past my experience has been a positive one.

It was my intention by contributing to this forum to pass on any experiences and solutions that help to solve problems others are experiencing.

Lastly, I will not be bullied off this forum by your offensive messages, at least have the decency to make them public, keep your profanities to yourself.

Before I publish your comment.. I’ll give you the chance to apologise and publish it yourself….

Graham.
    Graham - refer to my post above.

I repeat - Graham if you are on the level i withdraw my remarks.

As far as offensive comments are concerned... You can only be referring to my Edited post in which i told you to f... off. Which i edited quite quickly as it was not called for.

But please ... Go right ahead and expose me for what you say i am. Been there before with carvinmarvin. But before you spin any rubbish - be aware of this - A long time ago i gave my password to a moderator on this forum. This was to give access to my private messages to the moderator - just in case anybody tried to pull any stunts.

Over to you.

Rocket.

Guys,

Need help with my excitech machine (SHM1325 using HSD Spindle AT/MT 1073-140). Yesterday while working, my spindle suddenly sounding unusual loud noise, and the spinning went slow and broke the tool.

After opening up the upper case, the lacquer bearing appeared dirty. So I used automotive engine degreaser to dissolve the dirt. But the wrecking sound still there, so I need to open the spindle motor to check whether the lacquer bearing is still in good condition or need to be replaced.

Can someone tell me how to dismantle the spindle to change/clean both the top and bottom lacquer bearing?

Thank you

need help a.s.a.p (as jobs ordered are overdue)

Thank you
    Purnama_cam