586,047 active members*
3,585 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Probe output data??

Starting to use our probing system in our VF2. I was wondering where does it output the data? I did a simple probe a Z surface and cant seem to see where it outputs anything.

Also anybody use anything other then VQC for probing? I have NX6 with probing programing cabality, just wondering how the data will show up??

thanks

If I'm understanding you correctly, it doesn't output anything. The cycle you ran will update the Z column for the work offset you selected. If you want, you can go directly to the work offset page after you've started the probing cycle and watch the number change.

There are cycles that you have to hand code that will 'print' information, but I haven't figured that out yet.

If your using vcq, it will write the data to the offsets. If you using g31 commmands, it can right the data to a macro register, and you can Dprint the data to rs 232 and capture it. The probing capibilitys are endless with macros.
    HAAS VF3-5 axis trunion
    Mastercam X3

Anybody have any examples of it a program that will Dprint it to the RS232?

Adjusting offsets or putting it in the marco register limits what we want to use the probe for.

try this at end of the VQC bore/boss probe :

DPRNT [Size #188[44]]

It too bad they don't set up the Haas machines to be able output probe measurement right to the screen. For example....

You use the probe to measure the size of a bore after machining. It would be nice for the size to be output right the screen as opposed to having to go and check the correct variable.
    Matt Tebbutt
    Maclean Engineering

I have developed some VQC templates that include the ability to apply positional and size tolerances to your measurement cycles as well as print automatically to RS232.

I also have an application that plugs in & collates the data from the RS232 into CMM style Inspection Reports & SPC run-time charts - it's all pretty plug and play.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You mind sharing the code that goes with that template?