586,103 active members*
3,355 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hitachi VFD ?

I have a SJ200, 1-3 phase 3hp VFD and I can't get the motor to run in reverse.
    F004 to "01" and it won't change direction.
    Could someone tell me what I'm missing?
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by QSIMDO View Post
    I have a SJ200, 1-3 phase 3hp VFD and I can't get the motor to run in reverse.
    F004 to "01" and it won't change direction.
    Could someone tell me what I'm missing?
    Thanks in advance.
    I have the same inverter and it works great.
    It depends on what you are trying to do. If you just want the motor to run the other way, just interchange 2 of the three leads going from the vfd to motor. If you are trying to turn the motor from forward to reverse and back from a remote switches, you will need too give me a lot more info.

Mike
    I have mine running the spindle on my mill running mach3 and I get for/rev and Spindle spped control. It took awhile to set up but it is worth it.
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Hi, thank you.
    I'm just trying to get the motor to reverse.
    Spoke with Sam at Hitachi customer service yesterday and that's all he said was "F004>func (00) >01>Run ".
    The operations manual bears him out but...zip.
    Still turns normal direction.
    Now, all this is from the keypad. I asked him if I need a remote input and he said no.
    I could wire in a switch to swap motor leads but I reckon the VFD should do this and high-five me when it's done!

Hi, thank you.
    I'm just trying to get the motor to reverse.
    Spoke with Sam at Hitachi customer service yesterday and that's all he said was "F004>func (00) >01>Run ".
    The operations manual bears him out but...zip.
    Still turns normal direction.
    Now, all this is from the keypad. I asked him if I need a remote input and he said no.
    I could wire in a switch to swap motor leads but I reckon the VFD should do this and high-five me when it's done!
    If I understand you correctly, all you want to do is a one time reversal to make the motor go the other way. All yo have to do is swap any 2 of the three wires going to the motor. It will take all of 5 minutes and can be done right at the drive.
    Mike.

I agree that all you should have to do is to change the setting but it is what it is.

No, sounds like he has a High/Low gear change and needs to be able to run the motor in reverse for the gear change.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWild View Post
    No, sounds like he has a High/Low gear change and needs to be able to run the motor in reverse for the gear change.
    On mine, which I am pretty sure is the same as his, you do not have the option for forward and reverse from the keypad. If he needs to forward and reverse on a regular basis, he needs to set up a couple of switches.

Not from the keypad then.
    Ok.
    How about this?
    http://www.driveswarehouse.com/docum...chi/SJ200M.pdf
    Mind, this entire document could be in Sanskrit for what I'm comprehending but, section 4-12 shows a simple switching affair between logic inputs 1, 6 and PCS....?
    No? Yes? Or just swap the bleedin' ouput wires as the gentleman suggested?

Hi QSIMDO

I think you ment Logic 1 & 2 will get you the forward/reverse you are looking for you will have to set some parameters as well

This is the only place you can switch to control your drive apart from having a remote

Do not try to put a switch between any power or motor wires

If the drive did no change direction when you changed the parameter you did not do it correctly
    Mactec54

Not from the keypad then.
    Ok.
    How about this?
    http://www.driveswarehouse.com/docum...chi/SJ200M.pdf
    Mind, this entire document could be in Sanskrit for what I'm comprehending but, section 4-12 shows a simple switching affair between logic inputs 1, 6 and PCS....?
    No? Yes? Or just swap the bleedin' ouput wires as the gentleman suggested?
    Hey Quismodo. I took basic sanskrit in high school

Please answer the question. Is it a one time reverse or is it something that needs to be done all the time?

I will help you either way but you are not being clear.

Mike

Frankly, it's not a huge necessity but merely based on the fact that I inherited a WHOLE bunch of left-hand end mills!

Thought if I could just poke a button I'd burn 'em up but, if not, I can always grind profile tools for the lathe!
    Ta!

Frankly, it's not a huge necessity but merely based on the fact that I inherited a WHOLE bunch of left-hand end mills!

Thought if I could just poke a button I'd burn 'em up but, if not, I can always grind profile tools for the lathe!
    Ta!
    It is pretty easy to set up a switche to make it go forward and reverse. The drive supplies the common and you go to term 1 and 2. All you do then is make sure you set up your intelligent terminals to for andd rev.
    Mike

"The drive supplies the common and you go to term 1 and 2. All you do then is make sure you set up your intelligent terminals to for andd rev.
    Mike"

Ok Mike.
    I'm certain my wife will back me up on this when I say I'm an idiot with this stuff and haven't much of a clue what you're talking about.

You got a schematic for all that?
    Crayon, chalk...I don't care.

Oops, wait a minute...I just looked at the manual. It shows coming from "PCS" to switches on "1" and "2", 1 being Forward and 2 being Reverse.
    Is that it?
    Don't wish to fry anything.

"The drive supplies the common and you go to term 1 and 2. All you do then is make sure you set up your intelligent terminals to for andd rev.
    Mike"

Ok Mike.
    I'm certain my wife will back me up on this when I say I'm an idiot with this stuff and haven't much of a clue what you're talking about.

You got a schematic for all that?
    Crayon, chalk...I don't care.

Oops, wait a minute...I just looked at the manual. It shows coming from "PCS" to switches on "1" and "2", 1 being Forward and 2 being Reverse.
    Is that it?
    Don't wish to fry anything.
    Like we used to say when we were children, you are getting warm
    the pcs goes to the center of a single pole double throw switch. term 1 goes to 1 side of the switch and term 2 goes to the other side.

Set C001 to 00 amd C002 to 01 .make sure you hit the save button everytime or it will revert back to the original setting.

The book says these are the default settings, so you should just be able to hook it up and go. You will still have to set the rpm from the knob.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALLYRC View Post
    Like we used to say when we were children, you are getting warm
    the pcs goes to the center of a single pole double throw switch. term 1 goes to 1 side of the switch and term 2 goes to the other side.

Set C001 to 00 amd C002 to 01 .make sure you hit the save button everytime or it will revert back to the original setting.

The book says these are the default settings, so you should just be able to hook it up and go. You will still have to set the rpm from the knob.
    That's exactly what I did. I used the lathe's Fwd-Off-Rev barrel switch as a SPDT for PCS to Term1 and Term2, and have the motor directly connected to the VFD. When Term1 gets the voltage from PCS, drive is in fwd mode. When Term2 gets the voltage, motor goes in reverse. You have to tell the VFD what each terminal is controlling (Term 1 will control fwd-run, so C01=00). Term2 is C02=01, or Reverse-run. Page 3-41 in the manual at http://www.hitachi.us/supportingdocs...ok_NB650XA.pdf

Andris