586,067 active members*
4,749 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas CNC service / repair in Minnesota?

Haas CNC service / repair in Minnesota?

Anyone know of any independent service techs for the Minnesota area? I know of the HFO in Minneapolis -Productivity Inc- just wondering if there are any good (hopefully less expensive) techs in the area. The HFO wants $115/hr for service and $105/hr for driving. Thanks for any advice!

my son suggested Bob at prototeck if its not in the control itself. Sorry don't have number.

Karl

Thats not too bad a price, we pay more for both service and driving by about 25% for Haas Service.
    Eagle

I know this is an old thread, but I am considering starting my own Haas repair business. I used to work at Productivity as a Haas factory certified tech, now I work at a large manufacturer as an in-house Haas maintenance technician. Please let me know if you are interested in any service work or preventive maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by MNHaasGuy View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I am considering starting my own Haas repair business. I used to work at Productivity as a Haas factory certified tech, now I work at a large manufacturer as an in-house Haas maintenance technician. Please let me know if you are interested in any service work or preventive maintenance.
    Welcome to the forum!

Similar situation here. I was a former tech and I have been doing in-house work at a large facility for about 6 years now. I haven't done any side work yet but think about it off and on. This job keeps me plenty busy and I have branced into other makers a little and some sheetmetal equipment to.

So far I do not regret my move, but sometimes I miss getting around to the different shops. In the end it's all good.

Let me know if I can help with anything and I hope you don't mind if I reach out to you at times.

Regards,
    Mike

I did the independent thing for a few years.
    It's rather tough if you only know one machine type. I worked on pretty much anything but Fadal and HAAS. I was lucky enough to be Okuma, Mori Seiki, Chiron and a few others factory trained. Gave me enough knowledge to fix pretty much anything with a Fanuc/Okuma/Mitsubishi control. I was busy 60 hours a week +. Right now, independents are charging 100 per hour travel, and 150 per hour labor in this area. Being on the road that much finally got to me, so I took a design job.

Quote Originally Posted by haastec View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

Similar situation here. I was a former tech and I have been doing in-house work at a large facility for about 6 years now. I haven't done any side work yet but think about it off and on. This job keeps me plenty busy and I have branced into other makers a little and some sheetmetal equipment to.

So far I do not regret my move, but sometimes I miss getting around to the different shops. In the end it's all good.

Let me know if I can help with anything and I hope you don't mind if I reach out to you at times.

Regards,
    Mike

Mike,

What state are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by MNHaasGuy View Post
    Mike,

What state are you in?
    Arizona