586,645 active members*
2,813 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Chinese Laser Some Questions

Hi to all!

I have chinese engraver with 100w tube, XYZTECH 120x80 model and 6515 controller using Lasercut 5.1 software. I like the production quality of machine but I have some problems.

- This machine has an up-down table. This is good, but when i change the level of Z axis for different thickness of materials, i need to adjust focus distance manually and trying with a lot of laser shots. What is the best way for focus distance adjustment. Is there any easy way? (i wonder if there is a standart focus distance for standart chinese laser had and focus lens in cm?)

- Another problem is about engraving. When i engrave a graphic, right side of the graphic is very nice but left side (where the laser is starting to engrave a line) is melting a little and not looking good You can see sample engraving below:

- Another question is when i cut acrylic, laser reflections from honeycomb table spoiling the clear look of the edges and looking like cracked. I make these cuts for decorative products and this is so bad for me. Decreasing the power not solved the problem. Is there any way to stop reflections from honeycomb table?

thank you for answers

best regards.

Try placing something black and fireproof on the table.
    Wayne Hill

thanks WayneHill, can you tell me what kind of material i must choose?

Quote Originally Posted by graphpix View Post
    can you tell me what kind of material i must choose?
    There are several other options you can choose. Leave the protective paper on the bottom side and it will prevent reflections from the honeycomb.

Another option is to not use honeycomb for cutting. Make up a board with a few nails through it like a bed of nails. You do not need many, just enough to support the material without sagging.

You should be raising and lowering of the table to focus.

See this thread for primary identification of focus point.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showpo...37&postcount=8

If the focus is different to the gauge supplied, then make a focus gauge for your machine. Sit the gauge on the material to be cut and raise or lower the table until it is exactly right.

Thanks DaveDoesIt; I will try advices that you give me.

Other problems still going, anybody knows why happening the problem you see at the picture?

I'd guess that the head is stopping and returning right at that spot so there's a slight pause on the left end of the image, causing too much heat to build up. You can try adding a vertical 1 pt. line at the left edge of the material so that the head goes all the way to the left before returning, and see if that helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.gif  

hi bisjoe;

you're absolutely right; and the solution about that you mentioned is brilliant, i will try it tomorrow but i wonder if any software (LaserCut 5.1) setting about acceleration or something else. Do you have any experince with this software?

Thanks for your reply.