586,094 active members*
3,858 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Phase Converters > anyone have any experience with Yaskawa V1000

anyone have any experience with Yaskawa V1000

Unfortunatelly I can't get Hitachi or Toshiba VFDs at a reasonable price here north of the border, but I can get the Yaskawa V1000 locally.
    Is this a good unit?
    I will be using this on a Hurch KMB-1

It works for us. We sell lots of them where I'm employed. I don't recall any failures either.

V1000, vfd type

Danno,

Is the Yaskawa V1000 a sensorless vector (open loop) controller?

PEO Distributing, an eBay retailer, gives you some of the basic differences of the different types, in layman's terms.

V/Hz - $, simplest, cheapest, basic form - HVAC fans, conveyor, etc
    sensorless (open loop) vector - $$, higher torque thru output range, common choice for machine tool spindles, decent speed/torque control
    Closed Loop Vector - $$$$, excellent speed control when used in Closed Loop mode, full feature drive

http://www.vfddistributing.com/vfd-blog/

If the V1000 doesn't suit your needs, maybe you can land an Allen Bradley or any of Al's recommended industrial quality drives from a Canadian ebayer.

The aforementioned blog will also explain in layman's terms derating a 3ph-in/3ph-out for 1ph-in service. This may expand your choices for a local supplier.

Good luck, and I'm sure you will enjoy the benefits of the vfd when you land the right deal.

postscript edit, PEO seems to use the 'phase converter' terminology loosely for any drive originally designed/specified for single phase in, three phase out. IMHO, I think the choice in terminology can be a little misleading. In a more traditional sense phase converters, rotary or static, permit post drive/output load switching. I would therefore assume an inverter phase converter would allow the same, where as most (all?) vfd's will not.

I am able to get an Allen Bradley Powerflex4 22a-a8pon104 for about the same money. I will check out the link and educate myself on the different types. Thanks