586,043 active members*
3,708 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > bob cad online training

bob cad online training

I have bob cad version 22 and I have had alot of people tell me I should just suck it up and buy master cam or gibbs cam but I was thinking about giving bob cad a fair shake does anyone think the online training is worthwhile. I just feel there is probably alot bob cad has to offer that I am not using. Any opinions would be great.
    Thanks,
    Chris

Chris, there's a lot of variables needed to answer your question. I can't answer it for you but I can explain my position.
    I got version 20 with BobArt to help a friend up grade from version 18 by getting two seats for my copy and giving one to him so that his system would be back up and running.

BobCad gave me a good deal to upgrade to version 22 and I bit. Ok, my situation lis that I am retired and use my machines to make clock parts and gears etc. I am not relying on the program for making a living, that is important. If I were counting on the program for bread and butter it seems to be not quite mature enough and just a little too ragged around the edges.

I'm not in a position to consider Master cam or other high end product, they're just out of my budget. However, if it were a business decision I would do a ROI(return on investment) study and see what would fit my needs.

Just a few thoughts.

GeneK

On line training

Chris
    I just finished Bob Cad training in New Orleans last month and was impressed with the info given and the practice videos given to work on. I also have the 10 training videos from bob Cad Cam. Between the two I can work with 2 axis and three axis working with solids.

I do not depend on this software for a living.
    I th ink i would opt for the 3 day class unless you only need help occasionally.

Steel surgeon.

I would agree that the class is well worth it.

Anyone who says Bobcad can not do anything must have never been to one of these classes.

Sorin has a way to make things work when you just think there is no other way to do it.