586,105 active members*
3,320 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

solidcam and fadals

hey guys i am just starting to use solidcam 06 and am going to start using solidcam08. when i generate the g code none of the macs post anything my fadal format 1 machines will understand. for instance it wont post any A axis moves and it likes to try slipping in macros, loops, and g10's. nothing my machine seems to like. anybody had these type of issues? does anybody have a mac that will post a fadal literate code?

hey freindly forum goers! if you have any i clue or information about this predickament please dont be bashful!

Hey as far as the a axis moves go are you running a 5ax license? i can program a part for a 4ax machine i run with a 3ax license and everything looks good until i post and it skips the rotation moves. go to the 5ax license and everything posts well.

A axis rotaional output

If appears as if your saying that you need 5ax to get rotational moves. I do 4 axis rotational stuff every day and I do not have 5ax. I initially started out with indexial/positional, I later added C axis wrapping, and later added 4 axis simultaneous/contouring. Indexial is a module, wrapping is a module, and 4 axis simultaneous is a module. Each of these types of 4 axis outputs are different mathematically and use different portions of the post. If your license includes any of these 4 axis modules and your not getting the A axis output it's because it's not built into your post. You will see the 4 axis simulation but it is worthless if your post does not have the logic built in.

Quote Originally Posted by BJ-DEKA View Post
    Hey as far as the a axis moves go are you running a 5ax license? i can program a part for a 4ax machine i run with a 3ax license and everything looks good until i post and it skips the rotation moves. go to the 5ax license and everything posts well.

Fadal post

I know a few shops that use SolidCAM with Fadals. The stuff you describe below is purely a function of your post. Some users of Fadals are into loops, macros, extensive use of subprograms, and so on. Others prefer generic code without any of that fancy stuff. If your not getting A axis moves it's because your using a 3 axis post that does not have the logic for 4 axis rotational moves built into it.

Quote Originally Posted by BONSAIPICKLE View Post
    hey guys i am just starting to use solidcam 06 and am going to start using solidcam08. when i generate the g code none of the macs post anything my fadal format 1 machines will understand. for instance it wont post any A axis moves and it likes to try slipping in macros, loops, and g10's. nothing my machine seems to like. anybody had these type of issues? does anybody have a mac that will post a fadal literate code?