Hey all. I've been lurking here for a while. This forum is an amazing resource. I hope I'll have something to contribute over the next few months.

Anyway, I'm finally about ready to start my first project. I found a seller with several of the 'infamous' 1kW Sanyo P5s, and some Granite Devices VSD-As. All fine and good except for a couple of details... The stickers on the servos, even the new ones, appear to be taped on, and there are several slightly used ones in backstock that don't have labels at all... Seller seems decent, but I've been burned by ebay before.

Is this normal? Seems odd to me. Every quality motor I've worked with has been proudly sporting its brand sticker... I'm just concerned that these might be similar looking off-brand stuff...

Also, since I'm a servo noob, how much testing do I need to do when I get these to verify that they are undamaged/unworn? Runout, endplay etc for the bearings... Do I need to load them, or is a series of no-load moves enough?

That said, it sounds on the up and up, just a couple of things that make me want to be extra cautious. I don't really want to post item numbers or photos openly, as I don't want to torpedo a valid sale or offend anybody. If you want to take a look, search or pm me.

Thanks in advance for your help. Cheers.