586,082 active members*
3,772 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Phase II 4" rotary table

I have a Phase II 4" rotary table that I converted to CNC.

On the back of the table there are two round nuts that you tighten and screw together to hold the rotating table in place. After a while these nuts get loose even thought they are screwed together (they get loose from the table not each other). I assume the concept is that the two nuts jamb each other together and the screws hold them for turning away from each other.

Seems that I cannot get these nuts to stay tight against the table. Anyone disassemble a 4" table and have any suggestions on tightening these nuts?

Thanks

Dan

There is a single nut on my 4" precision table. The nut has a cut in from the side so that it's allmost cut in half. There is a screw going through both parts so that when you tighten down the screw, the two "halves" are pressed together and so keeps the nut from rotating. I don't know if this is something you can do on your rotary table.

You can also drill and tap a hole in one of the nuts and put a set screw through it. This way you can tighten down the set screw into the other nut to keep it from rotating, and also putting more pressure on the threads to keep the nut itself from rotating. Don't know if this makes any sense.

Yes it makes sense and the set screw is a very good idea that I will try.