586,096 active members*
3,848 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

G54,G55 problems

have a Funuc control on a doosan lathe I'm trying to machine what is a washer and would like to just make 6 every time I pull the stock out using G54,G55 ext. the problem is I can't get it to work I have the right numbers in the coordinates but it dosn't do the value it stays at the G54 how do I fix this?
    Thanks Jeff

Can you show us your program? I personally would like a look at how you are programming the job just to make sure that isn't part of the problem.

Edit: Is G54 Z0 with the other workoffsets being a multiple of the part+c-o+a little extra for facing?

I figured out what the problem was and it was me. For some reason my z home 0 changed to the tailstock end of the travel instead of the chuck where it was last time some the adjustment was add the difference to the next G55 not minus thanks for the help

Hope my post didn't sound condescending. It is just that there are guys new to programming posting here along with those with tons more experience than I have. I hate to assume too much. That is why I asked to see what your program looked like first before attempting to offer a possible solution. Obviously in this case seeing your program wouldn't have helped me help you.

Glad you solved the problem.