586,912 active members*
3,506 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Really stupid G02 problem im stuck on

alright my brain is melting right now and i cannot solve this problem im on.

i want to cut a 360deg circle around a part to a specific dia. in a clockwise direction and the way im coding it my machine just ignors it, it is capable of multi quad cutting. and has done it befor (only that time mastercam wrote the code)

heres what im doing;

the finish radius for the part is R .310 (.620 Dia)
    im useing a .500 dia end mill
    G92 is in the very center of what i want to be a circle

so techincally from ZERO im putting the tool at G01 X.560 Y0.0 which is the start point of the arc.

now heres where my brain is locking. I is the incre. dis on the X axis from G92 and J is on the Y axis

so for my complete circle AROUND ZERO

it should read (assume G17 G75)

G02 X.560 Y0.0 I.560 J0.0 F3.0

set up like that it should go in a clockwise circle back to the starting point.

or is my I wrong because the actual Incremental distance from my start point to Zero is -.560???

any thoughts???

Yes, it is I-.56
    When I did G code by hand all the time I liked to use cutter comp. When using cutter comp I had to ramp on- couldn't arc from the starting point of your boss- and ramp off using G01.
    Send us your code if you have time.

Really, you probably only need:

G02 I-.56 F3.0

where -.56 is the incremental distance in X from the start point (X.560) to circle center (X0), It needs the sign because the center is in the minus direction from the start point. What machine/controller are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by beege View Post
    Really, you probably only need:

G02 I-.56 F3.0

where -.56 is the incremental distance in X from the start point (X.560) to circle center (X0), It needs the sign because the center is in the minus direction from the start point. What machine/controller are you using?

im useing an old bridgeport BTC-1 verticle mill running bridgeport Boss 7.2.

i have mastercam, but ocasionally i like to prove to myself that i still know how to do this, and i useually get stuck on the stupidest things (case in point G02 commands )

i'll switch it to -X and run it tonight, if it doesent work i'll post the code for you guys to pick apart.

thanks!!!!!