586,114 active members*
3,279 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > How difficult to disassemble a X4+?

How difficult to disassemble a X4+?

Hi,

I am considering purchasing a X4+ for my basement shop, unfortunately I think its a bit heavy to move down there.

Has anyone disassembled a X4+ into a head/Column/base? Was it difficult?

Thanks
    Mal

Smile

Check this out

Watch the video.

http://www.powermate.info/powermate.htm

Jeff...

i moved mine downstair with three of my friend, two 2x4 and a huge rope, put the 2x4 flat against the stair rap the rope around the column two upstair holding the rope,while two downstair letting it slide slowly whe use the tray that comes with it as a slide, was pretty easy to do, the hardest part was lifting it up on the bench
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

I alos placed mine in the basement.

i took off the table and limit swtches off as well as cutting the wires on the 4th axis and soldering a plug.

removed the entire drive/power supply assembly from the back of the mill. I cut the wires for the optical switch and the z-axis stepper motor as mine were too short to place the box on the bench and disconnect on the inside without strain.

i also disconnected the power leads for the motor and the pulled the wires from the front display as well.

I used good hobby grade connectors that you can get at any remote control hobby store.

what was left is the column, base and head with motor. easy manageable with 2 ppl probably around 225-250 lbs. I would do this agian with a new machine since your probably gonna take it apart anyways to clean and set it up also it gives you a good look at the electronics (may be a good time to install a hinge so you can access it better). I tightened every connector i could see (1 pulled out as i removed it i don't think it was very tight), checked the wires for any cuts and did a power on test with everything hooked up before i placed it back on the column.