586,121 active members*
3,630 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

EZPath II CSS problem

Had something odd happen yesterday. I had a simple program written that had a rough cycle and profile cycle. I had entered the constant surface speed at the beginning of the program and never changed it. I wanted to take off a few more thousandths by just repeating the profile pass. I restarted the program just before the profile cycle using find seq number. It remembered the css speed but did not remember the clamping speed, as it approached the center the spindle was running away at a high rpm. I quickly shut it off. I repeated this and it did the same the second time. ??? I restarted the program from the begining and it ran fine. I have done this several times before and never had this problem. I will now enter the css a second time before each cycle. Finally my question what caused this? The css seemed to be correct just the clamp was gone. Any suggestions?? Am I doing something wrong??*** Thanks.

Your CSS may have been derived off of a prior instruction where int a specific diameter was called out. Since the machine didn't know where it was cuz it didn't redo that calc, it ran away. WE got burned on a deal like that.

Computers know where they are now as a result of dropping bread crumbs from where they've already been. Drop them into the middle of the forest, even if they can see the lights of the city adjacent. they tend to get lost.