586,102 active members*
2,575 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > milltronics parner 3 y output wire wher does it go

milltronics parner 3 y output wire wher does it go

milltronics parner 3 no tool charger grey wire is lose it says y output wire dont know which plug to put it back in

What is not working on the machine? If the wire is labeled Y output it most likely goes into the Y out amp plug. The plug has 14 pins, it may be difficult to determine which pin is correct. Where does the other end of the wire go?

unsure

it comes from output 7 and is labeled y output and we are also getting a EF3 fault on the drive will not let us home machine or do anything nothing moving

Y output 7 on a Cent 5 control is for the spindle orient. If your machine does not have a tool changer the wire is not needed. EF3 on the spindle drive? If you have a drive that has a fault the machine will not reset which in turn will not allow you to home, jog, etc... What type of spindle drive?

drive

are you talking about frequency drive its a saftronics g3 serial number 090216 model cimr-g3523p7 it has the faulkt EF3 right as you turn on machine you try to home it press F1 and cycle start it flashes emergancey and the box with the note goes right off you cant read what it says and goes to the main screen blank thank you for your help

EF3 on that spindle inverter is not really an alarm. An EF3 is known as an external fault which occurs when the machine is in emergency stop condition. (Normal) If you press and hold the green reset button, do the drives enable? If so, then you may have an axis on a limit switch. Place a jumper wire between TB6 and TB9 and that will jumper out the limit switches.

still the same

we did the jumper and it still has the same code ef3 on the drive and it should turn over to run and it doesnt it powers up and goes right to the code and you cant do anything thanks for your time we are out of ideas

Like I previously stated, the EF3 is normal. That is not the cause of the machine not enabling.

What is the status of X input 1? You can check the diagonstics on the control by pressing F6(DISPL), F4(DIAG) from the main menu. The F keys will then be labeled X, Y, Z, A, B. Display the X axis (or the 1st axis) and you will have 2 columns. Inputs on the left, outputs on the right. What is the status of X in 1 (Estopped)???
    What is the status of X out 9 (Allow reset)? When you press and hold the green reset button, does X out 9 change status???

Have you checked power supply voltages inside the machine? Between TB12 and TB22 you should have 24VDC.

There is also a power supply inside the control box. This is the box with the American Flag on the front cover. Remove the front cover. Inside you will find a bundle of 4 wires coming from the power supply. 2 black, 1 yellow, and 1 red. Measure DC voltage between the yellow and black, you should have 12VDC. Measure between the red and black and you should have 5VDC.

Inside the electrical cabinet you may have a relay labeled CR29. Is this relay on or off?

new info

What is the status of X input 1? its 0

What is the status of X in 1 (Estopped)??? its 0

What is the status of X out 9 (Allow reset)? 0

When you press and hold the green reset button, does X out 9 change status???stays 0

Have you checked power supply voltages inside the machine? Between TB12 and TB22 you should have 24VDC. we have nothing thats problem whats wrong but what do you think is going on relay need replaced ?

bundle of 4 wires coming from the power supply. 2 black, 1 yellow, and 1 red. Measure DC voltage between the yellow and black, you should have 12VDC. Measure between the red and black and you should have 5VDC.

we have black blue red yellow color wire out of power supply blue to yellow 22.6v blue to red 16v black to yellow 11.3v black tored 4.7

Inside the electrical cabinet you may have a relay labeled CR29. Is this relay on or off? there not marked there is a bank of 4 to the left and then a double bank of 6 besides each other the top right one in the double bank is on the top one in the second row

Ok. The problem is that you do not have 24VDC. TB12 is the positive side of the circuit and TB22 is DC ground. If you remove all the wires from TB12, and measure DC voltage at the 24VDC power supply, do you then have 24VDC? If not, remove the FPP amp connector that is plugged into the control box. If you still do not have 24VDC at the power supply, replace the power supply.

If you do gain 24VDC, then something is shorted out. By unpluging the FPP connector you are eliminating the front panel. If the front panel is not shorting the voltage, then start plugging in wires to TB12 one at a time while monitoring the voltage at the power supply. A wire will eventually short the 24 volts and then follow that wire to what the problem may be.

I hope this helps!

any ideas

the 2 you told us to check dont have wires we checked over the teminal block 1 blue 2 purple 3 white 4 red 5 none 6 none 7 gray 8 none 9 yellow 11 orange 12 NONE 13 green 14 none 15 none 16 none 17 blue thats jumped to 11 and 18 18 blue 19 brown 21 none 22 none 28 black

Quote Originally Posted by dustang View Post
    the 2 you told us to check dont have wires we checked over the teminal block 1 blue 2 purple 3 white 4 red 5 none 6 none 7 gray 8 none 9 yellow 11 orange 12 NONE 13 green 14 none 15 none 16 none 17 blue thats jumped to 11 and 18 18 blue 19 brown 21 none 22 none 28 black
    I believe that you may have misunderstood me, or I did not post my reply clearly. There are terminal blocks mounted to the electrical cabinet panel itself. Please find the terminal block(s) labeled 12. Typically there are a few of them. You should not be checking voltage at the AMP connectors that are connected to the control box.

sorry

i thought you were talking about the terminal block in the drive

but you are talking about the terminals by the relays? i check the voltage there at 12 and 22 and its 24v and i also did the jump wire there like you said at 6 and 9 and there was no change and no voltage across them is the top right relay or the double bank of relays suppose to be on all the time and are the lights on the servo boards suppose to be on b/c there not on

Having 24VDC between TB12 and TB22 is good. The spindle drive is not the problem here. The problem is that Xin1 is not getting a ground signal. What is the staus of CR1A? CR1A is a relay located in the electrical cabinet.

we are on the same page

we have the book for it and i found cr1a and its the top right relay in the double bank of relays and its always on the green light is on

info

i look up cr1a on the diagrams and found it lead to tb3 slot 21 it says excess error when the light is on right ?

i took the 21 wire off and the light on the relay went out (what does the excess error mean)

but it still wont home you ask about holding the reset on the panel that didnt do anything i push f1 and then cycle start and it flashes the 450 error it comes up and then clears itself it says i have to push esc in the message but i dont have to push in it just clears itself does that tell you anything about the problem