586,111 active members*
3,710 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    javidana,

Of course it's crap. We specialize in building nothing but crap. We are upset if we accidentally turn out something that isn't crap. We are upset often and we have to apologize all the time.:-)

Mariss

Quote Originally Posted by javidana View Post
    How about Gecko g250 is it crap too? Chopper? it certainly falls in the price catagory.

Recomend a 4-axis controller that will enable me to mill good quality foam airplane fuselages...

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariss Freimanis View Post
    javidana,

Of course it's crap. We specialize in building nothing but crap. We are upset if we accidentally turn out something that isn't crap. We are upset often and we have to apologize all the time.:-)

Mariss

Maybe you didn't know, Mariss is the engineer over at Gecko!

Are you also the owner Mariss? Just wondering.

And Gecko makes the nicest drives in the 20amp and under range, and you'll appreciate the customer support should you ever have a problem.

I own a few of those crappy Gecko drives. They are the best crap I ever bought. I wouldn't TAKE any crap from anybody but Mariss. Gecko drives will BEAT the crap out of The REAL crap that many here buy on ebay.

And the marvelous little Gecko G540 is one of the best things to ever happen to the CNC world--All thanks to the genius of Mariss and his hot tub epiphany.

Oh crap! It's almost bed time.

CR.

Yeah, I design all the stuff here. Mostly everything I have ever done has been a lot of fun and a great pleasure to me. I put my heart and soul into what I do and I have been rewarded at every turn. I am truly a lucky guy.

I'm not picking on javidana, he posed a question in a strange and funny way and I responded in kind.:-)

Mariss

Red face Sorry

Sorry Mariss, i truely didnt meen to offend anyone, its just that Im a true newbie and dont know better

Im in the stage where a lot of strange and/stupid questions come of my finger tips. geuss thats the only way to get started for the moment. please accepts my opoligies

Quote Originally Posted by javidana View Post
    How about Gecko g250 is it crap too? Chopper? it certainly falls in the price catagory.

Recomend a 4-axis controller that will enable me to mill good quality foam airplane fuselages...

thanks
    G250 is NOT crap. The low price is the miracle.

If you want the best 4 axis bang for buck, get the G540. If you choose your motors to work within the 3.5A 50V limits, it will do the best job for you.

Here's some info that might be helpful to you:

http://cnczone.com/forums/showthread...709#post572709

CR.

Hi all. I get in troubles doing things im not prepared to. Initially i design a copier router to work manually .During the building stage someone had the good or bad idea of sugesting me to use a CNC control instead. I work as CNC machinist ( milling) then i took the idea. Now I have a Leadshine Technology 3 axis pack . DB810A Drivers conected to a Kta-205 parallel port breakout board . Have spent long time trying to move the servos with Mach3. Everything is alright to get my servos runing until power the encoder.
    I got motor movement on dro but no signal to the interface.and from the interface.
    I will thanks any sugestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolomill View Post
    Hi all. I get in troubles doing things im not prepared to. Initially i design a copier router to work manually .During the building stage someone had the good or bad idea of sugesting me to use a CNC control instead. I work as CNC machinist ( milling) then i took the idea. Now I have a Leadshine Technology 3 axis pack . DB810A Drivers conected to a Kta-205 parallel port breakout board . Have spent long time trying to move the servos with Mach3. Everything is alright to get my servos runing until power the encoder.
    I got motor movement on dro but no signal to the interface.and from the interface.
    I will thanks any sugestion.
    Hi Bolomill. Welcome to the Zone!

Check your parallel port. If you connect a printer, will it print? Is Mach3 set to proper port address? is everything set to port 1? Check that your computer cable is a "straight thru" type. Use an ohmeter to check each end of each wire in cable.

CR.

Tk. Crevice Reamer. Was elemental , I was using the wrong cable, now i learn something , not to use any scrap without testing first.
    I hoppe to get everything runing after find the right cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolomill View Post
    Tk. Crevice Reamer. Was elemental , I was using the wrong cable, now i learn something , not to use any scrap without testing first.
    I hoppe to get everything runing after find the right cable.
    Good JOB!

If nothing else you can get one fast at pretty reasonable shipping HERE:

http://kelinginc.net/CNCPackage.html

Scroll down near the bottom.

This sounds like an interesting project. Please start a thread and keep us posted on your progress.

CR.

I have a manual pulse generator Fagor 100E . My idea was to move it trough a dented belt driven by the linear movement of a probe over the irregular surface of a pattern, and send the signal to my z axis to copy it on the working material.
    I would like to know if Gecko has any breakout board to interface this pulse generator with a G 250 Drive. Already order one. to move a step motor with diferential encoder.

Page 2 of 2 12