586,072 active members*
4,739 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Display Failure! Garbled/Repeating same line (VF2)

Display Failure! Garbled/Repeating same line (VF2)

HELP!

Our 1994 VF-2 just had something major go wrong with the display or display card!

The CRT is new, less than two weeks old.

Just a few minutes ago, our operator was running the machine and the display started just filled the monitor with one line, whatever was showing in the messages at the bottom. We rebooted the machine, and it's stuck repeating another line. We've always had waves in the display, and it's gotten worse lately, but this is completely unintelligible.

Power up sequence works fine, machine homes out, but I can't get any intelligible information on the monitor.

I would swap the old faded monitor back in--But it's been discarded. I wanted to try to connect a normal computer monitor, but the plugs are different. I have to believe, since the CRT is new, that I've got a failure in either the video board in the cabinet or MAYBE the SKBIF since that has something to do with the video (at least the cable suggests so).

I have had spurious errors from the keyboard in the past, where it acts like buttons are being pushed that aren't. I was told that the SKBIF could be the root of that problem, so I'm prepared to accept the fact that it may need to be replaced.

However, I wonder if that board can be causing this issue.

I'm in a horrible position here, the job set up on that mill is already late to promise and I have an angry customer. My HFO is closed for the day, so I know I'll be out of commission tomorrow--But any input I can get between now and then would be WONDERFUL.

Thanks in advance.

Now I've got keys not working.

What a mess.

For anyone who ends up with this problem or similar:

SKBIF card AND Video card. Problem solved.