587,036 active members*
2,897 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Cheap 1500W Chinese spindle, experiences?
Page 58 of 68 8485657585960
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1344
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    love-happyshopping is no longer a registered user since my last check.

I purchased my 3kw spindle and inverter from them and was very satisfied with the product and service.
    Maybe he was late with a payment, its online right now: linearmotionbearings store

Pablo
    ● Distribuidor Syil en Argentina ● "www.syil.com.ar" ●

While I'm at it, is anyone here using a THK KR33 for their Z axis? I'm wondering if it can stand up to the weight of one of those 3KW fan cooled units, which are better than 26 lbs. That seems like a heck of a lot of weight.

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by DonW
    Any opinions on the following vendors? :

solar.jean

industry-village

qiandingzhensatisfaction

techical.jrs

and others!

I also noticed on solar.jean's 2.2KW water cooled spindles that they have "Adopt Japanese" bearings rather than "Adopt Germany" bearings. Do you folks think that they are the same thing, i.e. Chinese bearings with different name on them?

Thanks,

Don
    I like linear motion bearings, I routinely get a much better price outside of eBay through paypal. I have never been ripped off and his 2.2 spindle now has larger cooling inlets that I could use with 1/4" tubing. The second one I bought from him in march was quieter as well! According to another thread he has "nsk" bearings at least at the top. Obviously they are more than likely knockoffs but so are they all from other manufacturers as well!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image-1665466572.jpg  
    http://www.glenspeymillworks.com Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver

Pplug,

I'd be concerned about having enough rigidity to your spindle mount if I were you...

That's fantastic!

Does Chai sell the spindles without the VFD? I didn't see them on his eBay store, just the package of both.

Thanks.

Yeah!

I had a huge al 6061 extrusion that I was using and I was trying to figure out how best to cut it. You can follow my progression from the top bracket to the bottom in terms of quality of cut. I finally was able to get a mirror finish by the end and then I started on the rest of the z axis parts. They were all cut on my techno rig using a 2.2kw spindle from LMB.

You can send LMB a private message in eBay and he will give you an offer and a paypal invoice if you agree to the offer. In less than 2weeks you will have your spindle, depending on where you live of course.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image-2294483878.jpg   image-3851422555.jpg  
    http://www.glenspeymillworks.com Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver

Have you ever heard of anyone using a THK KR33 actuator with one of these spindles? I worry about it being beefy enough for it. Pic attached of my current rig, although the mini spindle is no longer being used, and the Gecko doesn't go along for the ride anymore.

I'm getting weird results from doing a simple drill operation with the router. A .125" hole measures about .128" in the X axis direction, but over .131 in the Y axis direction. It's like the spindle is dropping down at an angle creating an oval rather than a circle. Not sure if it's the spindle or the Z axis, or the whole gantry that is torquing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC-2.jpg  

Do you have only one bearing block per rail on the z axis? If so that might be your problem. There might be too much flex in your z axis and it would pull your router out of vertical square or allow it to flex sideways. I bet something might be loose.

The actuator is actually a U channel with a truck that rides built in rails on the sides of the U, so it is very rigid. I'm just not sure it was designed for having a heavy load cantilevered off it by six or seven inches. pdf attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Stepper motors energized, lower the z axis as far as you can with a bit in it. If you notice any deflection in the bit then the slide bearings can be loose. I used to have a z axis with smaller thk rectangular block and rail. I only had one bearing on each rail. I thought it was sturdy enough but then I had the same problem as you are having. I pushed a bit on the axis and noticed the deflection in the plate. In about a week I has added two more blocks and all serious deflection was gone.

I just looked at the PDF, I think that linear slide might be the issue. Looks like it has only one being block. I would go with supported rails and at least two blocks spaced as far apart as possible. You could even use the current slide to power the upgraded Z axis.

Btw... we should be talking about this in another thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Pplug View Post
    Btw... we should be talking about this in another thread!
    Tis' true. Besides, I'm pretty sure I'm just going to replace the whole thing with a new Z axis anyway. Looking at the ServoSystems units.

Quote Originally Posted by Pplug View Post
    I just looked at the PDF, I think that linear slide might be the issue. Looks like it has only one being block. I would go with supported rails and at least two blocks spaced as far apart as possible. You could even use the current slide to power the upgraded Z axis.

Holy smokes...I just read that again... Interesting thought. I could add a plate an a couple of linear rails with two trucks each and drive the whole thing with the actuator, but my thinking is that the weak point would still be that single truck.

Okay, back to spindles. I've decided to contact Chai from LMB and order the 2.2KW water cooled spindle. Was going to spring for the 3KW air cooled, but it's darn heavy at over 26 lbs.

Hi DonW..

Let us know how you get on. I'm going to be ordering some rails from him some time soon in theory, so a spindle would be a good addition! ;-)

And not all that related to spindles. Is your green router a DIY or commercial build? It looks really tidy...

Cheers, Chris H.

Hi Chris,

My router is my own design, based on one done by user SteveSpo, who is a close friend. I recently added a nice case with a Lexan front just to see all the blinking lights while working.... Simple minds like mine like stuff like that.

Pic attached.

I think the idea of using my THK actuator as a base for adding rails would work, but I could buy a new Z axis and sell off the THK and will have much less work and money into the project that way. But it could be a great option, and I wouldn't have to mess with my settings in Mach.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP0220.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by DonW View Post
    Does Chai sell the spindles without the VFD? I didn't see them on his eBay store, just the package of both.

Thanks.
    Yes, I paid $208 for a 0.8KW spindle shipped, you have to contact him via ebay messages as he replies faster that way than regular email.

Pablo
    ● Distribuidor Syil en Argentina ● "www.syil.com.ar" ●

Well, the update is that myself and a couple other friends bought (3) 2.2KW water-cooled spindles from Chai at linearmotionbearings2008 this week, and we're also picking up a couple VFD's from Drives Warehouse.

Does anyone have any recommendations for wire between the VFD and the spindle?
    I'm looking at this cable but of course the price is frightening.

I'm going to attempt to use my KR33 actuator as my Z axis, but am realistically going to have to get a new Z axis to handle the weight of the new spindle.

I've used 16 gauge shielded speaker wire. I've also went on mcmaster.com and and got some nice flexible shielded cable for about $2 per ft.

Pplug,

I have a bunch of 18ga shielded four conductor w/ground wire which I'm using for my steppers... will this work?

Thanks,

Don

How long is your run?

igus® Cable: Chainflex® CF31 motor cable PVC

Save yourself a HUGE headache and dont skimp on the cable. the shield (if properly grounded) will prevent EMI/RFI noise from reaching the rest of your system. I believe it came out to $2ish a foot. I had to buy about 30' to slink it through my chains on my large machine but it works wonders. really nice shield and the quality of the cable is pretty much amazing.. I wouldn't go anywhere else. I used a 4 conductor. 3 hot wires, and 1 ground. I bonded the shield ground on both sides (@ the spindle and back to my main ground).

hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by DonW View Post
    Well, the update is that myself and a couple other friends bought (3) 2.2KW water-cooled spindles from Chai at linearmotionbearings2008 this week, and we're also picking up a couple VFD's from Drives Warehouse.

Does anyone have any recommendations for wire between the VFD and the spindle?
    I'm looking at this cable but of course the price is frightening.

I'm going to attempt to use my KR33 actuator as my Z axis, but am realistically going to have to get a new Z axis to handle the weight of the new spindle.

Page 58 of 68 8485657585960