586,103 active members*
3,382 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Cheap 1500W Chinese spindle, experiences?
Page 66 of 68 16566465666768
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1344
    Just made it through this thread

Repo. Just get a 110 to 220 vfd with a 1.5 spindle and call it a day.
    There are quite a few of these inverters out there.
    Lenze and Allen Bradley make decent drives in this size.
    220 to 220 would be easier on the breaker though.
    Good luck.

Re: Cheap 1500W Chinese spindle, experiences?

Thank you, what I ended up doing was running 220 out to the shop. Thought it was going to be an easy task but turned out to be a pain in the butt. Ended up digging up the yard and running all new electrical service to the shed. That being the reason for the long absence.
    Power is done, just tamped the last shovel full of dirt in the trench. I am to the point of hooking up the new inverter to my old spindle.
    I have a HY02D223B Is there a good walk-though explaining how to hook this up correctly and adjusting my settings of the VFD.
    1ph/3ph AC 220 50/60 Hz
    3ph 0-220AC 2.2KW 11A 0.50 - 400.00HZ

Thought I would put all the info I can up, I am to the point I need to wire it up to the 220V and to my spindle. I am going to run the 1.5kw spindle I had been using before all this. I am assuming all the spindle connections will be the same on both HY vfd's but when it comes to connecting the 220V I am not sure how that hooks up to the VFD I don't want to assume anything after I got this far.

110V used R T and ground terminals on the block skipping the S terminal between the R and T. The spindle used U V W and Ground terminals.
    110V board does not use P+ or PR terminals.

Heard a lot of bad stories about the HY02D223B VFD. I wouldn't use it- I need my stuff to work. The Hitachi VFDs are very good!

Well that is what I have to work with for the time being. I do plan on upgrading the VFD and spindle in the near future. Until then I have to get this thing up and running again. Thank you for your input

I have a Hitachi X200, which is out of production. Now they sell the WJ200. IIRC the WJ200 comes in a 3-ph 208v and a single phase 230v version. Connecting the 3ph 208v to single phase 230VAC will derate the output. Obviously the single-phase model isn't gonna derate, but can't be used on 208v 3ph if it becomes available.

The WJ200 is a sensorless vector drive, which I think is superior to the X200. $314 for the 3HP with free shipping from Drives Warehouse for the 208v 3ph, the 230V single-phase is $360.

I agree the Hitachi are better quality inverters. But as I said I have the HY in my hands so I will have to make do with it for the time being.
    What I was looking for was some advice on how to properly set it to run my 1.5kw with the 2.2kw inverter so I wouldn't have to run out and buy a new Hitachi as soon as I turned my HY on for the first time.

I have to chime in about the hunyang invertors. I have installed 3 invertors in the past 5 years and they all are running great. I fact I bought a hitachi for school and I think I prefer the hunyang better. The hitatchi has more features and a knob for speed but the huanyang doesn't have a whining fan and just worked and kept working. We finally replaced it to have a modbus controlled invertor. Which I still have been not able to configure.
    http://www.glenspeymillworks.com Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver

Quote Originally Posted by Pplug View Post
    I have to chime in about the hunyang invertors. I have installed 3 invertors in the past 5 years and they all are running great.
    I've read numerous times that the newer ones are much better than the old (original?) ones, and tend to be very reliable.
    Withe the current price of a 3HP Hitachi being around $350, you can get two Huanyang's for less.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Well thank you for the input. I do plan to get a spare spindle and VFD, For the next time I have a break down. Most of the time when I can afford it I will buy a spare or two of critical parts when I have a break down.
    This is why I enjoy this site so much, you can get both sides of an issue. I am a firm believer in learning from others experiences it can sure save time and money.
    Got her backup and running. Found the settings I needed here posted in another thread. I was kinda gun shy when it came to programing the VFD, It wasn't anything like I thought it was going to be.
    Thank you all for the help hope I can pay it forward someday

I have a 2.2KW spindle and I'm on my 3rd Hitachi WJ200. First one was 3 phase 208V which worked great until I had an arc in the connector on the spindle. It took out the FETs in the VFD. I had to replace the connector and the VFD. Second one was 3 phase, and worked perfectly for a few months, but then I moved to a new location with no 3PH. I ended up selling the 3ph WJ200 and replacing it with a 1PH WJ200.

So be warned about the connector on the spindle as if you don't keep an eye on it, it can vibrate loose and arc, shorting your expensive VFD.

Andrew

Oh man. I hope someone on here can help me with my problem. I hope I'm posting this in the right section too. I bought a 1.5kw chinese spindle and a matching VFD. I was thinking I was getting the Huanyang VFD as pictured, but they sent me a Askpower A131 by Isacon. It looks just like the Huanyang, until you open the panel. Way different. There are tons of tutorials and videos on here about the Huanyang, but I can't find anything about this one. I asked the ebay seller (love-happyshopping) for some kind of video or something showing me how to hook it up with a cooling system and Mach3 and got a short generic video of a guy powering it up and running it a different rpm.
    So, hopefully someone can help me with getting my cooling system and Mach3 wired to this thing. Pretty please. Here is the manual they sent me along with some pictures I took of it. I tried looking at the HuanYang manual and this one to match the pins and settings, but there are too many differences for me to make heads or tails from. Thanks a bunch.

weijing3333 Guest

Renesola are good quality inverters, too.

Quote Originally Posted by roc73 View Post
    Oh man. I hope someone on here can help me with my problem. I hope I'm posting this in the right section too. I bought a 1.5kw chinese spindle and a matching VFD. I was thinking I was getting the Huanyang VFD as pictured, but they sent me a Askpower A131 by Isacon. It looks just like the Huanyang, until you open the panel. Way different. There are tons of tutorials and videos on here about the Huanyang, but I can't find anything about this one. I asked the ebay seller (love-happyshopping) for some kind of video or something showing me how to hook it up with a cooling system and Mach3 and got a short generic video of a guy powering it up and running it a different rpm.
    So, hopefully someone can help me with getting my cooling system and Mach3 wired to this thing. Pretty please. Here is the manual they sent me along with some pictures I took of it. I tried looking at the HuanYang manual and this one to match the pins and settings, but there are too many differences for me to make heads or tails from. Thanks a bunch.
    Hi.
    I too have one of these Iascon A131 inverters and it is very easy to set up. I have just changed my 1.5kw spindle and Huanyang inverter for a 2.2kw spindle and A131 inverter. I too assumed I would get a Huanyang inverter but the A131 works fine. The only problem I have now is interference. I am plagued with it. I don't know if the Huanyang inverter had a filter built in but I never suffered with any interference before. Now all the drives jitter like mad and have a mind of there own.

If you pm me I will try to help you.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi.
    I..... The only problem I have now is interference.....Paul
    Buy some line reactors/filters. Not cheap but they solve usually this problem.
    Box Joint and Dovetail CAM software here: WWW.TAILMAKER.NET

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBurks View Post
    Buy some line reactors/filters. Not cheap but they solve usually this problem.
    Thanks Jerry but now solved. Just a bad earth. All now good.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I read your post about the A131.
    I tried to control my VFD via Mach3, but sincerely , i couldn't get it. I want to ask you if you have success by doing it.
    On the manual, they describe that we can use serial interface, but I couldn't find it.

do you have any idea how I can solve my problem?

I will appreciate your answer.

Thanks

Hi.

I have no trouble setting up to control the spindle via Mach3. I am using 2 BOB's and a spindle controller board (Digital to Analogue). The first BOB controls the 4 axis's and the spindle step pulses to the spindle controller which converts them to 0 to 10 volts to control the spindle speed, start/stop and direction (if required). The second BOB uses the on board relays to control the on/off of the spindle and the water cooling pump and one of the inputs for the tool height setting probe.

Set up in mach3 is very straight forward if you have set the ports and pins correctly.

I would need to see you set up to comment.

If you can pm me a wiring diagram of your set up and what you have set in Mach3 I can probably help you. Aslo I will need to know what setting you have set on the vfd.

Cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by LeandroAmir View Post
    Hi Paul,

I read your post about the A131.
    I tried to control my VFD via Mach3, but sincerely , i couldn't get it. I want to ask you if you have success by doing it.
    On the manual, they describe that we can use serial interface, but I couldn't find it.

do you have any idea how I can solve my problem?

I will appreciate your answer.

Thanks

Wondering if someone can help me out. Bought a 1.5kw spindle and found a Teco drive on wolfautomation.com. The spindle keeps tripping the drive. It's pulling almost 5A at, maybe, 100rpm or so, if I increase the speed the drive over-current trips. Measured the motor resistance at each phase has 4.4Ohms. I'm not sure if that's a bad motor or not, but according to Ohm's law if I take 220v / 8A (If I can trust the specs on these, this would be 1760W) I should have an impedance of about 27.5Ohm.

AAAHHHHHH!!!
    Shaun
    my x2 conversion ------> http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36403

You can't apply Ohm's Law here. The VFD switches against the motor's reactance and creates a more complicated picture than that. The motor resistance is not used, the inductance and back EMF is.

A spindle is unstable at 100rpm. It's WAY too low, it can't produce much torque without reaching current limits. The spindle's useful range doesn't start until about 5000 RPM. But clearly something's wrong

First test would be to make sure all 3 winding phases are similar resistance, and there is HIGH (megaohms or infinite) resistance to ground. Otherwise you have a winding failure. But a meter puts out like 1v and a motor may have a damaged winding insulation that starts shorting at 80v.

Ahh, that's interesting. I have 4.4Ohm's at each winding phase, and infinite resistance to the motor case. Does a HF spindle draw lots of current at lower rpms and then lower as it speeds up (several seconds to reach 8000RPMs)? The vfd IS underpowered (1HP) for this spindle, I was just testing it out, but I should at least get the spindle to run even at min rpms (8000)? I'm not sure what settings to use on this drive, like what v/hz pattern, ect. There are tons of settings to screw up :/
    Shaun
    my x2 conversion ------> http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36403

Page 66 of 68 16566465666768