586,352 active members*
3,508 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Cheap 1500W Chinese spindle, experiences?
Page 59 of 68 9495758596061
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1344
    Thanks diyengineer. I'll get a bunch of that stuff ordered.

Wow...finally getting rid of the noisy router!!!

The crazy thing is...I just found out that I live ten minutes from igus. Who knew? They only have 7000 foot of that cable, so I'd better rush over there before it's gone!

haha! When i have a few more bucks i would like to use that same stuff on all my main servo wires to keep noise down.

How long is your run btw? Mine was 25-30 feet. I went with the 16 gauge and has worked fine so far, with no issues. If your run is a lot shorter than mine, you should be able to use 18 gauge, but if your house burns down don't quote me

good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by DonW View Post
    Thanks diyengineer. I'll get a bunch of that stuff ordered.

Wow...finally getting rid of the noisy router!!!

The crazy thing is...I just found out that I live ten minutes from igus. Who knew? They only have 7000 foot of that cable, so I'd better rush over there before it's gone!

My total run is going to be in the neighborhood of 25' I think The specs on the Hitachi would almost seem to indicate that 14 gauge would be better actually. But I don't know anyone who has used 14.

Quote Originally Posted by DonW View Post
    My total run is going to be in the neighborhood of 25' I think The specs on the Hitachi would almost seem to indicate that 14 gauge would be better actually. But I don't know anyone who has used 14.
    7.6amps @ 220V.

Quote Originally Posted by diyengineer View Post
    7.6amps @ 220V is what mine says. divide that by 3 wires and its only 2.53 amps per wire.

im feeding it 240V so i assume my amperage is even a hair lower.

(hope thats right..).

So i figured (3) 16 gauge wires would work.
    If 7.6 is the full load amps than that will be on each phase of the wiring IIRC

JTCUSTOMS
    "It is only when they go wrong that machines remind you how powerful they are."
    Clive James

Quote Originally Posted by cornbinder23 View Post
    If 7.6 is the full load amps than that will be on each phase of the wiring IIRC

JTCUSTOMS
    Thanks Cornbinder! I removed the bad info, don't wanna spread the wrong info around. i read that from someone else and look what happened haha.

Quote Originally Posted by dwalsh62 View Post
    Clearing up the confusion.

SPINDLE OPTION #1
    • air-cooled.
    • square body.
    • 220V 3PH 3KW
    • 100mm x 90mm x 260mm.
    • 10A - 18000 RPM @ 300hz. / 14A - 24000 RPM @ 400hz.
    • steel bearings.
    • two year manufacturers warranty.
    • $435.00 USD plus $5.00 transfer fee (shipping by UPS/DHL included).

SPINDLE OPTION #2
    • air-cooled.
    • square body.
    • 220V 3PH 3KW
    • 100mm x 90mm x 260mm.
    • 10A - 18000 RPM @ 300hz. / 14A - 24000 RPM @ 400hz.
    • ceramic bearings.
    • two year manufacturers warranty.
    • $475.00 USD plus $5.00 transfer fee (shipping by UPS/DHL included).

Sorry to bring up a 6month old post, but did you mention somewhere that your supplier is "huajiang"?
    If so, do they still supply the 'ceramic' bearing variety of router and do you know if these bearings are included in the cylinder 1.5kw air cooled spindles?

Can i go straight to them and tell them you sent me?

1.5KW chinese spindle + HY01D523B

Hi,

I purchased one of those pairs some time ago and now turned it on for first time. I was surprised that while running at 1000rpm I can stop the shaft just with my two fingers.
    I'm using more or less the VFD factory settings only changed the speed control to a potentiometer.

Can somebody please tell me if I'm doing something wrong or Chinese KW has different meaning.

Thanks,
    vph

A motor such as this has very little torque at slow speeds. It doesn't surprise me that you can stop it with your fingers. Turn it up to 16,000 & try it. *ouch!* If you need to do work at 1,000 RPM this is not the motor for you.

Quote Originally Posted by vph View Post
    Hi,

I purchased one of those pairs some time ago and now turned it on for first time. I was surprised that while running at 1000rpm I can stop the shaft just with my two fingers.
    I'm using more or less the VFD factory settings only changed the speed control to a potentiometer.

Can somebody please tell me if I'm doing something wrong or Chinese KW has different meaning.

Thanks,
    vph
    What concerns me is that you're actually trying to stop a 1.5KW spindle with your fingers. (chair)

For better torque on lower RPM you need VFD with Vector regulation option.
    And those spindles are ment for 6000+ RPM. It's written everywhere you look.

Dejan

Hi,

Thanks,
    vph
    With a sensorless torque vector drive the lowest usable speed i've been able to get down too is 4000rpm which hisn't bad for a spindle ment to run at 6000rpm.

Thank you All for your feedback.
    I'll keep this spindle for engraving only and we'll search for other solutions for low speed work.

Wow, finally read through the entire thread start to finish!

Does anyone know where to get brand name VFD's in Australia? I found some Hitachi X200's on ebay however at $350 + 196 of shipping it's way out of my price range. So far i have not been able to find a local supplier.

Is the attached cable spec suitable for a 2.2kw VFD? It only has 1 braided shield on it rather than braid plus foil. The attached data sheet is all the info i can get on it, and it's the only cable i've been able to source locally that isn't 2cm thick.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Mark H View Post

Does anyone know where to get brand name VFD's in Australia? I found some Hitachi X200's on ebay however at $350 + 196 of shipping it's way out of my price range.
    I get Hitachi drives from here, http://www.driveswarehouse.com/

Unfortunately like a lot of USA firms they way over charge for postage.

They will post to a US address for $10. So I get them sent to Elwood Beauchamp and he posts it USPS, which is very reasonable.

If you do not know Elwood then do a search.

Greg in Aus.

I'll keep this spindle for engraving only and we'll search for other solutions for low speed work.
    I'm very happy with my ER-16 Taig spindle and 1/4 hp continuous duty motor for low speed cutting.

Looks like my spindle and mount should arrive today! Now to get the cable and watercooling stuff.

Hello All,

I purchased a 3kw spindle and Huanyang VFD several months ago and just got around to hooking up and testing and very happy to find everything is working. I recently came across the thread (link below) and hoping to have no trouble with Mach 3 controlling my setup. Waiting for the RS-485 converter to arrive to test.

Huanyang VFD controller plugin

I would love to take another step further and when I turn spindle on in Mach 3, the water cooling system turns on.

Would this be possible with 1 of the multi-outputs on the VFD?

I searched and wasn't able to find any info. I'd appreciate any links or a point in the right direction on how to accomplish this.

Thanks,
    Dan

Hi Dan

You can use one of the relay outputs on the VFD to turn on your water cooling no problem at all.

I have mine running this way.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by audioandy1762 View Post
    Hi Dan

You can use one of the relay outputs on the VFD to turn on your water cooling no problem at all.

I have mine running this way.

Andy
    Thanks for your reply Andy, would you mind explaining how you did it? I was testing the circuit terminals with a multimeter and was able to find 1 with 5v and another with 10v but was no difference if spindle was spinning or not.

Dan

Page 59 of 68 9495758596061