586,103 active members*
3,667 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Cheap 1500W Chinese spindle, experiences?
Page 65 of 68 15556364656667
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1344
    I bought the the 'Air Cooled' Chinese spindle 2KW together with the Huanyang VFD. The spindle has been fine but the VFD died. I actually replaced all the small keys on the keypad and it worked again for a while then died again. The company was 'Love Happy Shopping' on Ebay. They refused to answer my messages, eventually I gave up and bought a quality Mitsibushi inverter and all is ok again.

So the message is as above, if you are only cutting a couple of hours or so a day then the Chinese spindle is fine but be advised, DO NOT purchase their VFD.

Thanks guys, I don't know what to do, I reading about chinese spindles for about one week and only conclusion is that I don't know what to buy.
    All that is too confusing to me, same products on ebay with price range from 200 to 800$ for same spindle, how is that possible?
    Im looking on alibaba right now and I spoken with few producers but price is mostly the same like ebay.

Please help with some link or seller who have good air cooled spindles about 3-4kw!

Thank you,
    Luka

Has anyone had the spindle stop working once you connect the water??

Got the chinese 1.5kw water cooled spindle and huanyang VFD combo.. set it all up and works fine.. the connect the water hoses to the spindle flow water and spindle won't start up, got a second spindle (all new) and it does the same thing.

Really has us buggered, any help with this will be very much appreciated as been without cnc for a couple of months now and very keen to get back into it with the upgraded spindle.

Cheers
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Hulksta View Post
    Has anyone had the spindle stop working once you connect the water??

Got the chinese 1.5kw water cooled spindle and huanyang VFD combo.. set it all up and works fine.. the connect the water hoses to the spindle flow water and spindle won't start up, got a second spindle (all new) and it does the same thing.

Really has us buggered, any help with this will be very much appreciated as been without cnc for a couple of months now and very keen to get back into it with the upgraded spindle.

Cheers
    Dan
    Just open it up and check if the water isn't sealing properly, and has maybe gotten into the innards. It would be highly unusual though, let alone twice. They are really easy to open, just make sure when you reassemble it, the seals are good.

Out of curiosity, to eliminate a wiring issue with the pump, does the spindle work if the pump is disconnected from mains, but the water hoses are hooked up?

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Are you controlling the setup through Mach3 or equivalent or have you changed any settings on your VFD?
    To me the only explanation would be a change you made in the setup. I found the information on the VFD parameters required not very comprehensive.
    Having said that like others I have found a complete lack of earthing of the spindle which I had to fix, but if the addition of water had electrical consequences I would have thought the consequences woukd have become apparent...

TomS

Hey guys.

I did a bunch if work on Hulksta's setup.

In the end we found the VFD was at fault.
    We replaced it and have had no issues since.

Cheers
    Mike

I've been looking for a good lighting solution for my cutting area. I saw these cheap Chinese ring 12-24v LED lights on eBay and I thought they would be a great accessory for my cheap Chinese spindle. Turns out they fit perfectly, and I mean perfectly around the 80mm spindle. I've included the link to the auction I purchased them from. There was a best offer, I offered $17.50 shipped and it was accepted. This is for two lights as they were meant for halo lights for your car.

ebay link

I think it provides the most even lighting as it doesn't create any shadows on your work and the lighting level is perfect. I'm more than happy. Just thought I'd share if anyone was looking for a similar solution

Attachment 210408

Yes those LED lights are pretty good for the spindle, tons of light at the right space.

I made such a ring myself for my olde cnc from a thread I found (either here or in Mach3 forum) and the results were fantastic. Cost me $4 for the LED's and the rest was scraps I had around
    Nicolas

LOL,

Just thought I'd pop up and say.
    I started this thread over 5 years ago and almost 1300 replies later it's still going strong.
    Ironic thing is, I've only just purchased a 3Kw Air-cooled spindle for my new router build.
    Damn, I've got a lot of reading to catch up on!

Re: Cheap 1500W Chinese spindle, experiences?

Time to bump this old thread! I remember it years ago and bookmarking lovehappy and solar jean. =)

Matth, where did you get your spindle from?

I just bought a CNC router setup that uses a Dewalt 611 router, and I'm pricing out the differences between a Spindle+VFD versus getting a PrecisionBits 611 combo + a replacement 611 (because who knows how much life is left on the one that came with it). I'm mainly in the mood for milling aluminum (in order to build a bigger, better CNC router!)

No one using a router has ever reported disappointment when switching to one of these brushless Chinese spindles. Well except some people ended up with busted DOA ones, but even then they usually buy a replacement.

The most common response is "good god this is so much better, why didn't I replace this YEARS ago?!!!"

Had a lot of bad reports about the Chinese VFD. DOA, Just get a Hitachi.
    Hitachi X200-022NFU, WJ200-022SF, WJ200-022LF, NES1-022LB, or HITACHI NES1-022SB.

The X200 is no longer made. The others are.

The NES1 can be as cheap as $211, but that version doesn't have a panel, the panel version is $240 min.

hello
    i have a question and i can't find the answer for it
    i have a LS(LG) VFD Korean one it's 1.5KW 2HP
    AND the spindle unfortunately 2.2KW 3HP so all i am asking can i run the spindle according to the VFD max output i mean could i use the VFD to run the spindle with the specs of the 1.5KW spindle coz i don't not neeed all the 3 horse power inust want to rin the spindle like it's 1.5 KW ones?
    is it possible ?

Yes you can. The VFD will cut the IGBTs if power draw is too important.

I currently have a 4KW chinese VFD for a 6KW motor (a lathe). I just have to be carefull when I use the clutch at high speed, or when I use the reverse-clutch as a brake. I had absolutely no problem with this VFD. A Huanyang I purchased 4 years ago.

I use the analog output for amperes display : very usefull with this undersized VFD. Many VFDs have an analog output, for amps, watts, etc. You could use it.

But remember that a machine tool that suddenly stops can be potentially dangerous in some circumstances...

(sorry for my bad english)

Quote Originally Posted by j.f. View Post
    Yes you can. The VFD will cut the IGBTs if power draw is too important.

I currently have a 4KW chinese VFD for a 6KW motor (a lathe). I just have to be carefull when I use the clutch at high speed, or when I use the reverse-clutch as a brake. I had absolutely no problem with this VFD. A Huanyang I purchased 4 years ago.

I use the analog output for amperes display : very usefull with this undersized VFD. Many VFDs have an analog output, for amps, watts, etc. You could use it.

But remember that a machine tool that suddenly stops can be potentially dangerous in some circumstances...

(sorry for my bad english)
    Your english is fine

Not a very good reply though, as you are using a 3Ph AC 50hz motor, this does not compare to his spindle motor, which is a 3Ph AC 400hz @ 24,000 RPM, the biggest problem will be start up & dealing with the back EMF when the spindle is slowing down from the 24,000 RPM, this will smoke the VFD if the spindle slows down to fast

So the ramp up to speed & the ramp down will determine the life of the VFD, set the Max amps in the VFD to what a 1.5Kw spindle would use

It may last for a short while, this will depend on the brand name of the VFD, & how robust there IGBT's are,
    Mactec54

I bought a used CNC router table recently, It was about as close to plug and play as these things can be I guess. So when it comes to some of the set up and electrical I am not real sure what to do yet. I have a water cooled 1.5kw spindle that was being powered with a 110V 1.5KW Huanyang VFD (PN# HY01D511B). I say it was being powered, because mine gave off a small puff of smoke last night when I went to power it up. Anyway I thought I would check here with the pros and get some advice.
    I have 110v to my work shed, I could run a 220 line out to it with out too much difficulty. So that being said, should I try to find a 220V replacement inverter (I do plan to upgrade my 1/4 spindle some time in the near future to a bigger one) and say I buy an Inverter that is bigger than I need for the spindle I have. For example could I buy a 5kw inverter and choke it down to a usable level for a spindle rated at say 1.5KW that way I will still have what I need when I upgrade to a larger spindle with more HP?
    I apologize for not knowing much about this end of the CNC game yet. I didn't plan to have tackle this part of it so soon. I am still on the feeds and speeds and software side of this big learning curve. Either way I would like to get that thing up and running soon so if anyone knows of a place to buy HY inverters that wont take 3 weeks to get to central USA that would be a blessing in itself.

Repoman

Post a photo of how the VFD was wired, it may have been installed incorrectly, You may have spindle damage as well, so all will have to be checked, you can use a bigger VFD & use the settings that are correct for your spindle, if you get too big then you have to think what you are going to drive it with, what amps you have available at 240V
    Mactec54

CNC4PC.COM usually stocks them I believe.
    Kevin

The Huanyang VFD was infamous for failing early, or being DOA. I would not even bother trying to use one. If the spindle stops while the machine is running and I'm not there, that's trouble for the machine. Well I depend on equipment working, I have enough else to worry about. So I'm trying to get a job done that needs to be ready in 3 days and the VFD dies and no quick way to replace it, no, that doesn't work for me.

The Hitachi VFDs ARE good, and affordable. But there's a catch- they're all 230v/380v/460v. Yes there are ones which work fine on 220v single-phase.

BUT, there's a catch. AFAIK a 220v single-phase VFD can't operate a 120v spindle properly. The Huanyang is almost the only 120v VFD I've seen.

So, I think you need to buy a new 220v spindle and a Hitachi VFD. No biggie, you can sell the 110v spindle on eBay.

Try automationdirect.com for an inverter. I have used several of theirs. They are responsive, supportive, and very reasonably priced. I have never used a large inverter with a small motor. If you do this, you need to be able to set the max current limit (I think you can dour this in the VFD). The tech support folks there can address this point.

My opinion on running 220v to your shop is more a question of what else you plan to run. The router is about a 20amp circuit but if you run other equipment, it adds up quickly.

I have had one of these spindles on the shelf for several years but haven't needed it. I do recall reading that you shouldn't even spin it up without water to the ceramic bearings.

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by MechanoMan View Post
    The Huanyang VFD was infamous for failing early, or being DOA. I would not even bother trying to use one. If the spindle stops while the machine is running and I'm not there, that's trouble for the machine. Well I depend on equipment working, I have enough else to worry about. So I'm trying to get a job done that needs to be ready in 3 days and the VFD dies and no quick way to replace it, no, that doesn't work for me.

The Hitachi VFDs ARE good, and affordable. But there's a catch- they're all 230v/380v/460v. Yes there are ones which work fine on 220v single-phase.

BUT, there's a catch. AFAIK a 220v single-phase VFD can't operate a 120v spindle properly. The Huanyang is almost the only 120v VFD I've seen.

So, I think you need to buy a new 220v spindle and a Hitachi VFD. No biggie, you can sell the 110v spindle on eBay.

Thanks I will check them out and see what they have to offer.

Page 65 of 68 15556364656667