586,110 active members*
3,186 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Benchmark between CNC brands

Hello,

I am on a budget. I want to buy either a CNC lathe with the live tools feature or a VMC with a fourth axis (rotary chuck). My three brand options are EMCO ( www.emco.it ), HAAS ( www.haascnc.com ) and MAS ( www.kovosvit.cz ). There is a fourth brand being pushed by the same MAS representative in my country. It is a FEELER ( www.gbicincinnati.com/feeler ) machine.

Which features should I compare besides warranty, accessories and service?

And the most important question: What do you think about these machines/brands? Are they reliable? Which one would be in the top of the list? Which one would be your first choice? Can you tell me the pros and cons you have dealt?

Thank you very much for your support.

Best regards.

I have done some research in the forum and Feeler is out of the list.

My two top choices are EMCO and HAAS. EMCO representative is just 30 minutes away from here. HAAS is just 10 minutes away. With this in mind, future services will be covered in a reliable way. (This is excellent because I have a MAS VMC750 and its support is located in the Czech Republic. The new MAS representative in Mexico does not support this machine sold by the old MAS representative)

On the other hand, the 90% of the machines that we have in the company were made in Czechoslovakia (now the Czech Republic). I like the machine. They are reliable with a great performance and well made. That is why I put MAS in the list. The only bad point is the location of the new representative. He is located 300kms from my office.

With this new information which one would be your first choice?

a

Sorry but for me it is strange to compare haas and feeler CNC. We both know that Haas is producing now a day everything in China and the quality is lower than ****. Mass is ok but, we had some old mass machines in 2nd factory. Now a day we have most centers from Feeler and Mazak. Feelers we buy new Mazaks 2nd hands. Both are really good. We found out that Feeler is/was producing machines for Cinccinati, dougar.
    when it comes about service till now we didnt have any problem with service we have mainly QM and NB and FTC 350. If i would like to buy machine for mayself i would choose FEEler.