586,069 active members*
3,425 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

18T Ladder changes

Hello All,
    Is it possible to change the 18T Fanuc ladder with FaptIII software. I am looking for a procedure to download the ladder. The control does not have a pcmcia slot, but I do have a RS-232. Does any one have a procedure to do this? The machine is a Hiundai H1T-V5R
    Thanks,

The 18t i am guessing the older c control did not have pcmcia card slots on the front. However they do have in the control cabinet there is a mother board and it will have a SRAM card slot. it may only be used with the sram card not a pcmcia card. otherwise you can take the file out through the rs232 by using the all io or booting up your control while holding the far right two keys on the crt. this will take you into a screen for doing sram back ups as well as system back ups. the file you will need will probably be a PMC-RB. file. then you can use FABT LADDER III. You can also go online with your control using the ladder software and a rs232 cable and this should be in the manual for the software.

I was able to modify the ladder late last week. I went through the RS-232 with FaptIII. your right, no PCMCIA slot, i didn't see the SRAM slot on the mother board, and the two right keys on boot up didn't get me to the ladder edit mode either.
    Once I change the ladder and reboot the CNC, the changes are lost. How do I save the changes in the CNC ladder? Is there a F-ROM save function on the CNC Control I'm missing?
    --Ron

You have to right it to the F-ROM i can send you a procedure to do this. The far right two keys will not get you into the edit mode but you can save your ladder to the sram card from there.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the procedure, I will see what I can do as I don't have a PCMCIA card as this procedure indicates.
    -R

IT SHOULD WORK WITH THE SRAM CARD SLOT. I WOULD LOOK BECAUSE THESE HAVE BEEN AROUND QUITE A WHILE. THERE WILL BE A BOX WITH SEVERAL BOARDS IN IT AND MANY CABLES AND LEDS. ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE BOARD THAT HOLDS YOUR SRAM DRAM AND FROM THERE IS THE SRAM CARD. THE FANUC MAINTENANCE MANUALS SUGGEST USING A PANASONIC CARD BUT I HAVE AN IBM. THE PART NUMBER IS 0999155.

Ok, thanks, I'll try with the SRAM Card.
    I'll let you know.
    Thanks again.
    -R

Smile

Hello, FYI this link maybe useful for another Fanuc LAdder FAQ http://cncfanuc.blogspot.com

Thanks for the CNC Blog info. I am actually going to the customer this morning to wrap this up.
    Ron - CNC Solutions