586,123 active members*
3,359 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Problems starting up Heidenhain Tnc155

Problems starting up Heidenhain Tnc155

Hi. Me and my friend is trying to figure out whats wrong with his 3-Axis Cnc mill with Heidenhain Tnc155. The previous owner lost the battery power so my friend bought this machine not working, but the machineparameters are back where they belong now and this is the problem we have. We start the machine ( 400v three phase ) and the system starts up. Then the TNC says something in Swedish wich is hard for me to translate ( power off or something like that ) you clear it with CE. Then is says something like this, sorry if i´m translating wrong- The feed for the relay is missing. This is when you´re supposed to press Machine on. And this is where it stops. Nothing happens, i think we´ve checked almost everything. Looks like we have powersupply to all components, i have also measured the "power on" signal to the I/O board in the machine and it´s there. On my machine you can hear the contactor activating the servotransformator when pushing "machine on" but in this case.. Nothing .. All the fuses seems ok and the wiring looks ok.
    The machine is a make: Modig and is Swedish

Anyone that can help in any way? Please =)

Thanks.

/Johan.
    Sweden.
    P.S Hope this message makes any sense
    OviksNC/Sweden.

You have to pull out the emergency stop button, Then power enable.

Hi.. Yes we did that, on further investigation i started up my old Tnc 150 yesterday and noticed that on startup it says power off. Then when you press CE this alarm that my friend has is coming up for a short moment, then you hear a light "click" i think it´s somewhere in the control panel and then the screen is changing to the referense search on the axis. This is where i push the power on so i can drive the Axis. So it´s somewhere between the CE clear and the Power on commando. Something that does´nt get it´s signal ( a relay maybe? ) Does any of you know?

Thanks.

/Johan.
    OviksNC/Sweden.

I think it is saying relay ext. dc voltage missing if you already checked the emergency stops then check the way oil believe it or not on my bridgeport if it is low you will get that same error code. I'm not sure if yours is the same but give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoad170 View Post
    I think it is saying relay ext. dc voltage missing if you already checked the emergency stops then check the way oil believe it or not on my bridgeport if it is low you will get that same error code. I'm not sure if yours is the same but give it a try
    Is that the oil for the hydraulics or the oil for the lubrication on the axles?

Thanks,

We will have a look. On my Bridgeport i can only see this notice for about a second and then something "clicks" from what i can hear inside the operator control and the machine jumps to the reference search screen.

/Johan.
    OviksNC/Sweden.

I Think Bigtoad was saying check the way Lubricant.

Yes check the way lubricant. My bridgeport also flashes that error quickly on every startup but if it stays on then it is either a emergency stop that is on or way lube is low. That clicking sound your hearing is just a contactor

Hi.. Allright, i will check that on Saturday, will tell you how it went afterwards.

Thank you all for the help so far.

/Johan.
    OviksNC/Sweden.

Hi there Again

Ok we have been in my friends garage today and continued looking at the mill. All the oil levels are fine, and air to the machine is there. Apperantly before he bought this machine the previous owner lost the battery voltage for the memory. And some guy have been installing the machine parameters again, after this the machine have´nt worked at all. We have been measuring all the power supply´s and can´t find anything wrong with it. Today we checked all the sensors and oil levels. But nothing. The machine is a Modig 3 axis with tool changer.

Anyone have any ideas? Could this problem be machine parameter related?

Thanks.
    /Johan.
    OviksNC/Sweden.

PLC program in RAM?

Check your machine parameter 77.
    If it is 0, then your PLC-program was in the RAM-memory.
    And when the battery was gone, so was the RAM-memory and the PLC-program.

Jukka

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka Honkanen View Post
    Check your machine parameter 77.
    If it is 0, then your PLC-program was in the RAM-memory.
    And when the battery was gone, so was the RAM-memory and the PLC-program.

Jukka
    Hi.. But how do i enter the parameter input menu now when i can´t even get the machine past this alarm? It does´nt response in any button on the control. Seems pretty stuck at the moment

/Johan.
    OviksNC/Sweden.

MP 77

Hi,

Do not clear the first message "Power Interrupted" but press the MOD-button.
    Then you are able to key in the parameter code 95148 and check the parameter.

Jukka

Hi Jukka.

Allright, i will try that. Thanks a lot for the help so far.

I will post as soon as i checked it out.

/Johan.
    OviksNC/Sweden.

Hello again.. Ok here´s the deal. We went to my friends garage today and checked the machine parameters. The MP 77 is -0. The question is, how do we fix this? Anyone know where i can find the Plc program? I suppose we have to upload them through the machine com-port right? Another step forward and two backwards :S

Thanks.

/Johan.
    OviksNC/Sweden.

Lost PLC

Hi Johan,

First of all, contact the previous owner of the machine and ask if they have the PLC-program anywhere. If not, you could try to find a serviceman from Modig company. Maybe they have the program. And you could also ask from Tomas, http://tncakuten.se/. He is the best in Sweden for Heidenhain problems.
    Say Hi to him from Jukka.

Lycka till.

Jukka

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka Honkanen View Post
    Hi Johan,

First of all, contact the previous owner of the machine and ask if they have the PLC-program anywhere. If not, you could try to find a serviceman from Modig company. Maybe they have the program. And you could also ask from Tomas, http://tncakuten.se/. He is the best in Sweden for Heidenhain problems.
    Say Hi to him from Jukka.

Lycka till.

Jukka
    Hi.. Eller jag kanske kan skriva på Svenska .. Jag förstog att detta skulle medföra lite problem, jag ska kolla med min kompis om han kan ta kontakt med säljaren om PLC programmet. Jag har ej sysslat så mycket med maskinparametrarna tidigare så detta är nytt för mig, så du ska ha stort tack för hjälpen. Jag hör av mig under felsökningens gång så får du veta hur det gick.

Tack igen.

/Johan.
    OviksNC/Sweden.