586,112 active members*
3,128 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Dolphin CAD/CAM > I Need Help getting to know Dolphin CAD/CAM

I Need Help getting to know Dolphin CAD/CAM

I am only using these programs to design and produce wood baseball bats.
    I am new to the programs and dont konw how to get around that well. I have all of the data to plug into CAD for the measurements and have done so but I am having trouble making the curves by the handle of the bat and at the end of the barrel.

Also putting it into CAM and choosing all of the correct settings are unknown to me. If anyone could be of any help that would be so appreciated.

Thank you,
    and hope to hear from you.

bats

Are you creating a profile?

I believe there are some tutorials available at the Dolphin web sites, and you may find one with the turning information you need to help get started. The tutorials are usually in a video format and are very good for learning the software. Here is a link to the Dolphin USA site and their tutorials:
    http://www.dolphincadcamusa.com/Tutorials.html
    Maybe take a look at some of the tutorials and give it a try. You can always get good support here also, so let us know how it goes.
    Regards,
    Regards,
    Wes

bats

Here are two dxf files of a bat showing the fillet and trim. excuse the bad drawing.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the samples I will take a look at them tonight, I will post my results.
    Also I have been having trouble throwing the profile bat drawing into CAM, any simple instructions how to transfer to CAD to CAM.

Thank you

On Dolphin CAD, up the top of the screen (near the top right hand side), press the "Machining" tab, then click "Turning Module" and go from there. Easy peasy!

Oh, sometimes on mine it gets minimised down the bottom of my screen- I need to right click and maximise it.

Hope this helps!
    I love deadlines- I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

Its actually very simple to use. Once you get the basics down itll become very easy. As someone else mentioned take a look at some online tutorials.

Minna, can you tell us what Dolphin software packages you are working with also.
    I only have the Level 3 Milling package, and have not worked with the Dolphin Lathe software.
    Regards,
    Regards,
    Wes