586,108 active members*
3,238 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Online Rotary Broaching Video

Watch the online video describe the method for rotary broaching and instructions on how to do rotary broaching yourself.
    The video is available at www.slatertools.com

or direct at:

http://www.slatertools.com/slaterweb...b_content.html

Looks very interesting. I cant understand what is happening inside the tool to enable it to do that.
    Being outside the square !!!

In turning or screw machines, the holder is mounted stationary, while its internal live spindle (with the cutting broach tool) rotates with and is driven by the workpiece. While rotating with the work spindle, the broach tool's contact and pressure points change continually, producing a shearing action which makes broached forms easy to produce.

new direct link to the video

Sorry guys, the webmaster revised our direct link to the video.

http://www.slatertools.com/video.htm

Cool, now I understand how that works. The video is pretty dark to see much, but its adequate. Thanks.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

PRESS RELEASE
    Slater Designs Broaching Holder for Swiss Type Automatics

CLINTON TOWNSHIP, MI, JANUARY 1, 2005: Slater Tools is announcing its new Swiss-type Rotary Broach Tool Holder in stock and immediately available for ordering. The 12mm shank broaching tool relies on the sturdy design of Slater Tool’s existing 8mm broach holder. This gives users of new smaller swiss-type automatics the robust tooling larger automatics have counted on for decades. The increasingly popular swiss-types machines are limited in operations, they will not be limited in shapes to manufacture. Rotary broaches form square, hex, double-hex, spline, serration and other shapes on all popular machining materials. Rotary broaching, also known as wobble broaching, is a popular money and time saving operation with automatic machines because it eliminates the need for secondary operations. The fully adjustable Rotary Broach Tool Holder is for use on any type of CNC or manual turning, milling, drilling or screw machine.

What is going on with Slater lately??

They are out of stock on standard broaches and they taking forever with delivery on products that are "supposedly" in stock!! Someone else I talked to got the wrong broach shipped to them.

Anyone else having issues with them? Time to look for a new supplier!

Slater Tools

Thank you for your post and we are sorry you did not have a good experience. While all standard size hex and square rotary broaches are kept in stock, Slater can accommodate any size you may need if something is not stocked and typically can ship out the same day. Custom and special rotary broaches such as J-500, double hex, etc. are made to order. We are happy to rectify and address any concerns you may have and are here to help. Simply give us a call at 586-465-5000.
    Best of luck,
    Slater Tools

Quote Originally Posted by Krissid View Post
    Thank you for your post and we are sorry you did not have a good experience. While all standard size hex and square rotary broaches are kept in stock, can accommodate any size you may need if something is not stocked and typically can ship out the same day. Custom and special rotary broaches such as J-500, double hex, etc. are made to order. We are happy to rectify and address any concerns you may have and are here to help. S.
    Best of luck,
    NO THANKS!
    Since I couldn't get tools in stock from you I search around and found another company (Polygon Solution). Great quality and less expensive.

Also, their technical support is far superior to yours. They actually spend time with me and provide me with solutions and helpful tips... not just try to get me off the phone and tell me "I'm on my own" like your guy does.