Okuma LC40-1SC w/live tooling. OSP5000L-G control.

two problems. first is spindle won't rotate ccw. It sounds likes it's trying to turn but can't and appears to rotate real slow in the cw direction. Took the board off the SDU and swapped it with the board off the SDU for the milling spindle(which works fine) and got an error on SDU for milling. Is there a way to get the machine to ignore the alarm so I can check if the spindle will rotate ccw with the board off of the milling spindle? or other things to check?

Second. I use live tooling to drill holes in a flange. Before engaging the C-axis I have to jog the spindle to a certain degree or it won't engage. I'm thinking that this is because it's trying to turn ccw to index and can't. The holes are inconstant. I can run the program once and it'll run fine, the next time have a couple of holes off. The encoder seems to work, checked RAPA and RCON. Watch the different coordinates on the C axis and they'll be the same yet one or several holes will be off. Can index and cut by hand, using the pulse handle, and it comes out right.

Any ideas?