586,082 active members*
3,831 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Realtime timeout!

We are running a '97 sabre 2000 and if it is pushed faster than 140ipm it will fault with a "realtime timeout." anyone have any ideas? its gettin a bit old having to go so slow...

realtime timeout

hello the error you are seeing is related to the realtime motherboard - this is the one on the right hand side of the control.it probally only has 4Mb of ram on the board.try adding more RAM.You will post an alert when starting up the control.this states you now have more realtime memory than you paid for - press clear alarm.if this doesn't cure it the only solution I know of would be to change the realtime board.I don't know of anywhere but Cincinnati to buy these from and they are expensive.if anybody has an alternative i would very much like to here from them.regards Mallardfizz

mr fizzter, thanks for the reply... we will be trying adding ram soon...

A2100

Only alternative to paying for an upgrade is to find a product key from a machine which has this upgrade and to re-idenitfy the control serial number attached to the product key with the upgrade you want.

Convoluted but it will work.

And it will enable every upgrade prior to the last one (attached to the product key). The bad side is if you purchased an upgrade not included with the hacked product key, you will lose it.

Buy the upgrade from MAG.

i don't follow you exactly. i think i can understand what you mean but i have no idea how this could be accomplished. please explain.