586,108 active members*
3,236 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

SL-3H 231 232 alarm on zero return

Good afternoon all I have a Mori SL-3 that had been without power for quite a while. When I power up machine doesn't sound right. I checked the incoming power and it checks good. But on the other side of the switch on the cabinet door the Blue leg has 123v going in and 78v coming out. I've never seen one of these switches go bad but it sure looks like this one bit the dust. A little more background I have 240v 3 Phase power so two 120v legs and one high leg at 220v across any two you get 245v across the blue leg and any other leg you get 190v I don't want to burn up anything. If I do try to home out machine I get 231 Ref point return area error x 232 Ref point return area error z. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PPM Inc
    Tim Wyatt

What control does this have?

Are you checking to ground?

What switch are you talking about? Is it a no fuse breaker?

Have you checked that the phase is correct?

Do the hydraulics come up/build pressure?

Usually, blue factory wiring is DC. I think some of the older Moris might have had a blue wrap on the T/W leg, if that's what you're referring to.

Phix I have a LX-1 control the switch I'm talking about is the disconnect switch where the main power comes in to the machine. Everything is turning the proper direction so I'm assuming the Phase is correct. The hydraulics come up and build pressure with no problem. For clarification The lines come in from the breaker box and go into the top of the disconnect to turn the hydraulics on. The wires are marked Red on the left White in the Middle and Blue on the Left and green fof the ground. I don't have the machine wired to a ground rod. But it is grounded through the breaker panel. It just doesn't sound right kind of sounds like it is trying to single Phase. My shop power has two 120v legs and one 220v leg i have the 220v leg in the middle on the white wire. I'm not sure if the switch is a no fuse breaker. It says Tryrister on the inside. And yes if you check to ground I'm only getting 78v across the blue and other leg i'm only getting 190v. Ihope this info makes sense. If you'd like to call me this evening my number is (727)277-3181 Tim Wyatt PPM Inc.

Call an Electrician

[QUOTE=TWyatt9;534138]Everything is turning the proper direction so I'm assuming the Phase is correct. The hydraulics come up and build pressure with no problem. For clarification The lines come in from the breaker box and go into the top of the disconnect to turn the hydraulics on. The wires are marked Red on the left White in the Middle and Blue on the Left and green fof the ground. I don't have the machine wired to a ground rod. But it is grounded through the breaker panel. It just doesn't sound right kind of sounds like it is trying to single Phase. My shop power has two 120v legs and one 220v leg i have the 220v leg in the middle on the white wire. I'm not sure if the switch is a no fuse breaker. It says Tryrister on the inside. And yes if you check to ground I'm only getting 78v across the blue and other leg i'm only getting 190v. Ihope this info makes sense. QUOTE]

Your power is 240V Delta, the machine should not have a ground rod ever. Ground rods are to be connected to the main panel only.
    I would bet the voltage to ground readings are due to a bad ground connection between the machine and the main panel and has nothing to do with the switch or machine. Make sure there is a ground wire from the machine to the panel, don't rely on conduit or the building for a ground.
    Verify if the panel feeding the machine has similar voltage readings.
    check voltage across the switch in question, Line to Load on each phase. Any Voltage indicated across the switch means the switch has enough resistance to drop voltage and effect the load.