586,393 active members*
3,072 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Post help hang up?

What is the problem with the post help.....I asked on the MC forum for how to set the Fadal2 post up for a 4th axis and I get "talk to your reseller".

After doing a couple searches I see that seems to be the blanket response to questions regarding posts, for a lot of users. What is the problem here?

A guy asking for documentation regarding post modification got the same reply around the same time. "Talk to your reseller". Great. Thanks for that. :tired: No really. :tired:

Whats the big secret? Is it to make the reseller feel useful? I can send him flowers if it will help.

To give you of an example of another more positive experience I've had I'll tell you when I asked the same question on the Onecnc forum I got the following reply..." heres the one I use, works pretty well, let me know if you have any issues with it" (file post was attached).

Well I've found out they don't give each other posts. OK. I diddn't figure on there not being thousands of people running a Fadal in format 2 with a 4th axis. Go figure.

My question got lost in the shuffle and I need some other post not contained on the CD, guess I do have to "contact your reseller" afterall. Thats just the way it is.

If you still need a post for a Fadal Vertical (fanuc) send me an email, I will
    be glad to send you the one I set up for our shop.
    Tom

6105 , I would like a copy of your post if possible.
    Is it for the 18i?
    I have a great one but have yet to try the 4th axis out.
    thx
    Ken

Ken,
    sent you the post, hope it is what your looking for.

Tom

Thanks for the offer.

This post is a few years old now, my Fadal was sold a while back.

Dave

Nervis1,

Dont you have my Rotary Contouring CD? Theres a pretty good 4th axis post on there. Should be easy to modify it for the Fadal. Are you doing Indexing or Rotaty Contouring?

I think what your experiencing is that many people spent many years honing their skills to learn to write posts. For some, that's their profession now. I provide CNC & Cad Cam services. I have over 500 posts in my library. I can usually get people the post they want, but they would rather hack at a post for a month, than pay me $150 for the post I have that works. I think if I can save you 20 hours of editing and experimenting, it's worth $150.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com