586,119 active members*
3,585 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    I need the Floppy Drive, as that's the only way to reinstall the system software after having a bubble/cmos memory replacement.

However I have a chance to hold a Okuma Floppy Drive and took some photo on it.

I did tried to replace the original floppy drive with off-the-shelf PC floppy drive. As the circuit board consist of simple components and layout. I also notice that the different of floppy drive is just the jumpers next to the input power socket.

Any suggestion if I want to build another unit of this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0689.jpg   IMG_0693.jpg   IMG_0697.jpg   IMG_0698.jpg  

IMG_0701.jpg   IMG_0702.jpg   IMG_0703.jpg   IMG_0704.jpg  

IMG_0706.jpg   IMG_0708.jpg   IMG_0709.jpg  

Any suggestion if I want to build another unit of this?
    easy. Floppy drive must fit. Jumpers are for:
    1. 780kB capacity <-> 1,44MB capacity
    2. answer to "A" drive address <-> "B"
    sometimes could be more jumpers
    3. cable select
    4. write protection harware or soft type
    5. inversion of "drive select" signal
    6. inversion of "ready" signal

Nice... have you tried to build one of those? I believe I have to go back to the junk for the floppy drive.

We have a few of the floppy drives for CNC machines. Contact us direct at [email protected]

I don't know if this is of any help but: on my 700 control I once tried to copy a file with a name that began with the letter O. The control reported a floppy error but it was just that it didn't like the letter O.

I pulled the drive at that time and looked at using a PC drive. In my opinion there is no way to convert a PC drive. The drive is Okuma right down to the printed circuit board and the electrical interface has no resemblance to a standard PC drive.

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by calgarykevvy View Post
    I don't know if this is of any help but: on my 700 control I once tried to copy a file with a name that began with the letter O. The control reported a floppy error but it was just that it didn't like the letter O.

I pulled the drive at that time and looked at using a PC drive. In my opinion there is no way to convert a PC drive. The drive is Okuma right down to the printed circuit board and the electrical interface has no resemblance to a standard PC drive.

Kev
    Hi Kev, send me a direct email to the email below and I can maybe help you out on your CNC floppy drive.

MLD

[email protected]

Successfully working on Okuma

Hi
    Great News !! We have tested our floppy to usb emulator to successfully work on below Okuma Models
    ( Okuma Crown Lathe L1060 with an OSP-U10L control, Okuma 700L 7000L U100M and E100M ) . Priced at US$95+shipping each ( includes 1 preformatted 4 gb Kingston Flash drive, One year swap warranty ) .
    Regards
    Vishal

We have replacement floppy drives (we can also repair your floppy drive) and we have the floppy to USB retrofit, which works great. My email: [email protected]

Page 2 of 2 12