586,320 active members*
4,065 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > UG NX > postprocessor without cuttercompensation

postprocessor without cuttercompensation

Does anyone know if it is possible to make programs without cuttercompensation? I am not sure where to look for it, if it something that should be dealt with in the postprocessor or that it is done in the operation or tool dialogs. I want to refer to a tool position in the machine which holds the tool diameter.
    I am trying to build a postprocessor for philips 532. Since the machine is connected via RS232@9600 baud it would be quicker to change the milling diameter in the tool register in the machine.
    I know there are lots of reasons not to do it this way. But the tools are changed manually and most products are produced 1 time only.

Dirk

cutter compensation

Quote Originally Posted by 850T3 View Post
    Does anyone know if it is possible to make programs without cuttercompensation? I am not sure where to look for it, if it something that should be dealt with in the postprocessor or that it is done in the operation or tool dialogs. I want to refer to a tool position in the machine which holds the tool diameter.
    I am trying to build a postprocessor for philips 532. Since the machine is connected via RS232@9600 baud it would be quicker to change the milling diameter in the tool register in the machine.
    I know there are lots of reasons not to do it this way. But the tools are changed manually and most products are produced 1 time only.

Dirk

Yes, What version of NX are you using?
    This is a two step process.

1. on the tool you need to define a tracking point in this case at the tool diameter.

2. On your operations you need to activate the tracking point.

It depends on the version of nx where it is located and even if it is available.
    IN NX4 it is only available for Planar Profile operations
    In NX5 & 6 it is on the cutter comp or More tab - non-cutting moves.

Send me a PM and I can e-mail you an example part
    John Joyce -NC Programming Supervisor
    Barnes Aerospace, Windsor CT

I use NX6. I read about the tracking points but didn't understand that I could use them for this.
    Okay, I found the tracking point for the tool. But I don't understand the cuttercomp on the more tab. Is this about the location where the compensation move will take place?