586,071 active members*
4,360 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hardinge Lathes > 3x Hardinge HNC lathes for sale in CT

3x Hardinge HNC lathes for sale in CT

There is a seller in Connecticut who has 4 HNC lathes for sale (I am taking 1) for $1300 each. The lathes with full enclosure weigh 2000lb and the old
    GE controls are another 800lb. Since I intend to retrofit, I will not take the controls for mine. All the power electronics are on the lathe
    itself and all the units but the one I am taking are operational. I am providing a down payment on one, since I will only be able to collect
    in more favourable weather conditions (which could be March 2009 !!)

The trailer I will take to collect the lathe will be able to fit at least 2, possibly 3 units. Since I am from the Napoleon area in MI, I invite other potential buyers in Michigan Indiana and Ohio to share the transport costs with me when I go to collect.

If you PM me I can provide contact details for the seller. You can also see his local advertisement here:
    http://posting.hartford.backpage.com/gyrobase/classifieds/VerifyAd.html/1390939/6bfbcf73

do you know if its a 5c or 16c spindle on those?

Vince said in his conversion thread that it is a 5C. I have not been able to find any information on this lathe online.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showpo...52&postcount=8

I might be interested. I live in Toledo so that shouldn't be too far out of the way. I have been debating between something like these lathes or a newer style. Does anyone know if a 3 jaw chuck is available for these lathes? I am looking to turn a 6" dia x 1" piece of steel.

Thanks,
    Brian

I have 2 Hardinge CHNC 4-16C lathes i'm interested in selling. We're in Versailles, Ohio (Darke County). If you're interested in seeing them or getting some pictures, e-mail me at [email protected]

Have you have a chance to pick up this hnc yet?