586,103 active members*
3,372 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > CamSoft Products > Trying to use G92 Y* as per everyones suggestion but......

Trying to use G92 Y* as per everyones suggestion but......

When I use G92 Y** in MDI mode it works a treat, so I've decided to set it up as a button that calls G12 and then the following should happen.
    -------------
    G92 Y-10
    G00 Y-100
    G12---------

When I open MDI mode and run G12 it says G92 Y-10 UNRECOGNISED COMMAND.
    I'm guessing I can't run a G code from within a called G code.........did that make sense?

I don't believe that you can use a G code in the logic file that defines the G code. Look at the prewritten logic for G92 - that should help you with the commands that you will need to use in your G12 logic.

Question Any idea why G91 has stopped working?

I can't use incremental all of a sudden?
    G91 doesn't seem to work at all.
    All I did was make a new M code, M12 that resets Y and moves it away from the fixture.
    I can't think of why G91 doesn't work.
    It doesn't work in either the program or in MDI mode.
    If I enter G91 G01 X3.00 F100 it will go to 3.00mm instead of moving only 3.00mm??????????????????

Can you offer some kind of explanation of what you are trying to do?

The logic you wrote for that G12 looks to me to be more like something that should be using an M98 jump to a subroutine. Renaming the displays with G92 (that's all it does) is a good way to get lost out on your part.

Did you ever get the Camsoft manuals?

You have to work at the logic to make the Camsoft interface look and behave like a generic Fanuc cnc, or whichever one you are trying to emulate.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hi HuFlungDung,
    Yeah I did get the manuals, just slowly learning that's all
    It's weird because I've been using it for a couple of weeks with G90 and G91 and all of a sudden G91 isn't working, it's like it has been told to be in absolute all the time.
    I don't think it's got anything to do with the M12, I've tried other programs that previously worked and now they don't so I think it's a global setting.
    Here's the M12 anyhoo's.

WAITUNTIL STOP
    SLEEP .2
    HOMEY -10
    SLEEP .5
    MACHZERO ;-10;;;;
    FEEDRATE 400
    MACHGO ;-60
    -----M12

What does your G90 and G91 logic look like?

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Abscode
    Absdisp
    Label1 Abs.
    -----g90
    Inccode
    Incdisp
    Label1 Incr.
    -----g91

Ok, those look normal.

What about your G92 logic? Are you using G92 anywhere in your programs?

Sometimes, you need to step back and look at your logic. If something does not seem to be working, there could be a possibility that an erronous If statement is causing some of your logic to be skipped, when you expect it to be read.

I'm not using G92 but I will have a better look at the logic in my program.............Thanks

Hi Guys,
    Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, I've been away on my honeymoon. Camsoft helped me to figure out what was wrong.
    I had accidently had 2 lines of the same G code, so it pushed all G codes after that along 1.
    -------G10
    -------G11
    -------G12
    -------G12
    -------G13
    -------G14
    So any G codes after this mistake were moved one so when G91 was executed it was running G90.
    Damn stupid mistake..................... :banana:

Well at least you found the problem. I've been distracted once or twice myself, too.

Enjoy your wife!