586,042 active members*
3,748 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > DNC Problems and Solutions > What software do you use to manage CNC Programs

What software do you use to manage CNC Programs

Just curious what software your using for CNC Program management and DNC?
    Also if you are using wireless and what products are you using for that?
    Just looking for some input, We are looking to upgrade so we can get better control of our files and Wireless to minimize the amount of DNC workstations supporting our shop.
    Thanks,
    Bob

Bob,

Sales plug: Have you checked our Predator DNC Software? It's simple, easy, and expandable for wired, wireless or networked based machines.

www.predator-software.com
    Greg Mercurio -Shop Floor Automations
    www.shopfloorautomations.com /619-461-4000

I have looked at predator DNC but I am curious about a more full featured file management system. Something like Cimco NC Base where you can manage programs and there revisions, Prints, setup instructions ect. Is predator offering anything like that?

I Run Suite Factory http://www.suitefactory.com and love it..

Quote Originally Posted by JMS4287 View Post
    I Run Suite Factory http://www.suitefactory.com and love it..
    Never heard of it? Is it expensive? There web site is kind of cool. Looks like Explorer.

Its a great software, Its database based, So backup is a breeze..1 file to backup. I've but about 30 cnc screw machines (Citizens, Stars, Tsugami's) running on the (wired)network now, and about to add another 30 or so .I've been using it for almost 2 years now. Very versitile software, and the thing I've like the most about dealing with CCI, and this software, is that they've never said "You Can't do that". Any time there has been something I want to do with the software that's not already there, they've had no problem updating the software to give me that option. As far as pricing goes, I believe the base software was $500, and $250 each machine connection, (unlimited PC/User access)...thats was for the base software only...machine monitoring (through DPRNT) was extra, and document management (I.E linking tools sheets, prints, prgs, etc for easy management) was also extra. And I believe we pay 15% of the total software value per year for maintenance (software updates, and support). That's from my last Qoute. You can get up to date pricing from Bair Technologies http://www.ebair.com that's their distributor.