586,117 active members*
3,520 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Ardmore, Oklahoma

I know it's a long shot but are there any small CNC mill guys around Ardmore, OK?
    Gary Shepherd
    www.16tracks.com

Possible - Bailey's Welding & Machine...

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyPawn View Post
    I know it's a long shot but are there any small CNC mill guys around Ardmore, OK?
    Hi DroopyPawn,

Bailey's Welding & Machine
    Hwy 277 West (approx 69 miles)
    Ninnekah, OK 73067 US
    Mobile: 405.574.5910

This is a blatant attempt to see whether the website I work for (www.SupplierSource.com) can help you. Our purpose is to help folks find each other, especially in cases like this. I went to the site, put Ardmore, OK in the "near" search box and Bailey's seemed to be the most likely fit.

There are other listings (with approx mileage shown), but you're the one to decide whether they're worth calling, or are too far away. If you do decide to contact them, SupplierSource is out of the picture - you're free to do business the way you see fit.

I hope this helps. If not, hopefully the flames won't be too blistering!

Don Swavely
    tele 978-318-5527

I'm in Gainesville. We build machines for the automotive engine reconditioning market.
    Balancers, seat and guide, surfacers, and retrofit mills with controls for block boring and machining.

CNC in OKC

There is a small group of cnc hobbiest in OKC if that is close enough. We should be having a meeting soon at our place. Reply directly with a ph# and I'll find out when.
    Respectfully,
    Ron Moore
    [email protected]
    405-630-8803

I come up there once in a while. What kinda' stuff to you plan on CNC'ing?

-Erich

Small stuff mostly. Hand-sized and smaller aluminum parts for pedal steel guitars.

I also plan to build a CNC router for electric guitar type stuff. I've already bought some linear rails and bearings.
    Gary Shepherd
    www.16tracks.com

Still puddleing around on a cnc router table.Have a small Phoenix wood lathe that just quit working. Going to retro-fit it with newer stuff.
    Iamthesnakeman

I somewhat live in Pauls Valley. Cnc is only a hobby for me, no profressional ties with anyone. I've just loved the idea that one could imagine an item and draw it in cad and then have it in their hand. I have a mini-mill I have converted to cnc, and a homemade 24x24x8 table. I am just about to complete my homemade rotary axis and am very anxious to have it cut all the way around. I am greatly interested in meeting with like folk.
    My job has me traveling quite often so I am not home too often. But when I am, my cnc hobby gets first dibs on my time,
    I am in Guadalajara this week, and will spend next week visiting family in Arkansas, and the next week I'm off to Finland. just so you have an idea of how often I'm home.
    Hope to meet and share some day. Buenos dias y adios.

I'm in Tulsa. what is going on?

Tulsa's a little too far away from me.
    Gary Shepherd
    www.16tracks.com

Woe is me!

Yes, indeed I are one. At least I wopuld like to be one. I have a four station system from Imserve called
    DeskCNC. I have the fiur motors, the controller, the program and the license to use it. But I have problems. The mechanical parts seem to do what they are supposed to right up to the "seize up' which seems to mean they are ready to work. The program opens as it is supposed to. But when I try to run a program, I get the message "Program completed". can you help me?
    Lou Craven

Quote Originally Posted by ErichMoraga View Post
    I come up there once in a while. What kinda' stuff to you plan on CNC'ing?

-Erich
    I'm in central CA. Hanford. 30 mi south of Fresno. I have a mini-mill and I have a desire to make tall ship model parts and anything else that would be interesting. Thank you for the reply Lou Craven cell phone 559-637-3873

Lou, About your "Challenge"

If you're getting an axis lock and an immediate "program complete", it sounds like you need to run a timing program to set the system for your processor speed. It runs all the cnc program at full proc speed and is not allowing for motion. Does that make sense? By the way, where are you located
    Respectfully,
    Ron Moore
    OKC, OK

First an apology. I missed the location of Ardmore, OK when I first replied. I am in Hanford, CA. This would probably rule out running over to help a guy out but could engender a sort of pool of inventive thinkers to trade thoughts and ideas. ... Firstly, though, I have to get this mimi-mill going. Little does the system know that I have all four motors and the controller box piled up in front of my computer and the mill is out in the garage. I will move the system out to the garage and marry them up as soon as I do get the bugs out. More later, Lou craven
    (559) 639-3873
    [email protected]

I'm in Edmond. I have a sherline 5400 cnc 4 axis mill. I just bought an Industrial Hobbies square column mill and am converting it to cnc right now.

Devin

I am in Paris, Texas if I can help any.
    Donald

I'm in OKC. I know Ron. Bought a Supermax from him a while ago. You get up to OKC often? I have a CNC router running with Mach 3 and BobCad.