586,499 active members*
2,478 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New to site and problem

Hi everyone I just registered looks like a great site and I'm looking forward to exploring more. I have a Mazak ajv-18n mill Im having problems with my tool magazine, the atc door will open and the spindle will go to the tool change position, then everything just stops, and after a couple of minutes I get a alarm code 268 if any one has a idea for a fix I would be grateful.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TimV View Post
    Hi everyone I just registered looks like a great site and I'm looking forward to exploring more. I have a Mazak ajv-18n mill Im having problems with my tool magazine, the atc door will open and the spindle will go to the tool change position, then everything just stops, and after a couple of minutes I get a alarm code 268 if any one has a idea for a fix I would be grateful.
    Thanks
    what is the description of the alarm after the alarm number?

Sounds like it is not getting a tool unclamp confirmation. There should be a light on the control over by the reset button on a M32.

The alarm description is In-position sensor was ON during magazine stop while timing sensor was not turned ON; or 2 min or longer has passed after the magazine rotate command was given(timing signal failure).
    It seems to do ok when performing operations where tools change quickly from lets say cntr. drill to drill, but if you have to do some milling and it takes a few minutes, when the next tool change comes up I get the alarm.