586,035 active members*
3,751 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Something Different huh?

Something Different huh?

Check this out.

http://www.miller_green.webs.com/

Found this on my local Craigslist

Are you serious?

Did I miss something?

What is this company doing to "keep things green"?

Sounds like an advertising ploy to me.

Times might be hard but WTF?

everyone else is cashing in on the green thing so why not if it works , the general public buys into that crap LOL

most machineshops are green to a certain extent , not necessarily by choice but by law , and if your not recycling then your throwing money out the door

usually the workers are going to be more polluted from oil , metal and grinding dust than the surounding area , but it may throw off customers if you said your workers were green
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Sounds bogus to me.

The waterjet work envelope is 12" x 12" ? I've never seen a waterjet like that. I'd like to see some pictures of this "green" machine shop. Sounds like a guy staying after work to use the company's machines. The free website and gmail email address don't help with credibility either.

Matt

I highly doubt that the shop is "Green", and the statement that they're drastically working on Solar and Wind Power to lower thier energy usage makes no sense. They'll still be using the same amount of energy they just won't have to pay as much. Definitely not a place I'd order from unless the price is good, if you're gonna end up paying more because you want to feel better about yourself by using "green" machining you're just gettin ripped off, until they ppost more info and put pictures up n stuff to actually show what makes them so green. Not to trash them or anything just saying if someone plans on buying from them because you think they're will be less of enviornmental impact I'd be cautious. If anyone does order from them though I'd be interested in knowing the quality of the work.
    -JWB
    --We Ain't Building Pianos (TCNJ Baja 2008)

I sent an email asking for information, we'll see what I get.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by keebler303 View Post
    I sent an email asking for information, we'll see what I get.

Matt
    I've got $1 that says he's trying to exploit the environmental concerns of hippies and tree huggers!

Maybe I should advertise that a portion of all profits are donated to "Save the Baby Seals Foundation"! Think it would work?

if it works then i say all the power to him
    why not , everyone else preys on the stupidity of the general public , its simple marketing and it will probably work in his favour
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Save+the+planet.jpg