586,075 active members*
4,325 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: battery alm

Thumbs up battery alm

I have a fanuc om control on my machineing center. The screen shows a BAT alarm on it. I have change the 3 d size batteries in it. 3 different brands and clean the contacts, and measure the voltage on the batteries themself and on the cable going to the board. They all measure good. Is there some where else to look? I also backup the parameters, but not anything else, the manual i have dose not tell about backing up the diagnois,etc.

We have some newer lathes that have batteries on the back of the operator screen and the keyboard, if it is a fanuc check the servo amps also because they have batteries too. One other thing to check (don't laugh or get mad) did you install the batteries in the right direction? Only reason I ask is because I've done that in the past and didn't realize it until after I lost all the parameters

Yes i did 4 times not mad at the answer, you can turn the batteries around.
    Where on the sevro would the battery be? The controls are 1992 model. What would the batteries look like , watch battery size, e-prom stlye, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye-123 View Post
    Yes i did 4 times not mad at the answer, you can turn the batteries around.
    Where on the sevro would the battery be? The controls are 1992 model. What would the batteries look like , watch battery size, e-prom stlye, ect.
    To punch out diagnostic: in edit mode + diag screen --> Output Start
    In Fanuc O PMC data are registered in diagnostic so you have to backup if your machine have PMC data.

If your machine is using absolute encoder, there must be another 4 batteries case. Replace these batteries also.

On our machines the servo batteries on on the front of the servo amplifier, there should be a rectangular cover that will stick out and have 2 wires that plug into the front of the amplifier. The battery configuration could be 1 of several styles ranging from a single 3 or 6v (about the size of a AA battery) to a pack of 4 that are shrink wrapped together. If all else fails call fanuc, I've had a fair amount of luck with them over the phone