586,082 active members*
3,735 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > V 18 - Windows 2000 Compatible???

V 18 - Windows 2000 Compatible???

I was hoping my first post here would be to rave about my new Bobcad software.

Does anyone else have problems with V 18 locking up with with Widows 2000??? My computer is a brand new P4 system and I have very little other software on it. I even tried installing it on my 2nd hardrive. Every so often I have to reboot, the task manager can't even shut it down. Sometimes after a re-boot, I can't re-start Bobcad. Also, it keeps telling me that it's saving error messages or something like that. Anyone know where it stores them so I can view them to possibley troubleshoot??? :tired:

Did you update all your device drivers off the net? Could be a video driver problem.

I have v18.1 & I use Windows 2000 pro. I also happen to make use of 2 hard drives, where my Bobwire v16.1 & Bobcad 18.1 are installed on the 2nd hard drive.
    I have never experience any problems with this setup, although i do an OS reload every 3-6 months....

Klox
    *** KloX ***
    I'm lazy, I'm only "sparking" when the EDM is running....

Quote Originally Posted by CNCadmin
    Did you update all your device drivers off the net? Could be a video driver problem.
    The only video drivers were from the disk that came with the video board. I haven't updated anything from the internet. It has run very video demanding games and other CAD software without a problem. After several more unsuccessful sessions this morning, I've uninstalled it and and will try it again on a different computer in a few weeks. I appreciate the help.

Drivers are update so often and the drivers that can with the card will not be the lastest, and the bobcad software may require somthing that the other program may not, anytime I have a issue with a program not working updating fixes the problem 90% of the time.

I bet it is a bobcad32.exe error, right?

To fix it is easy. Go to www.bobcad.com/tech
    download May Exe.zip and bcstylesclearwater.reg.
    once the files are downloaded, double click on the .reg file. Then open the zip file with WinZip and extract it to C:\...do not specify any other path as it recreates the file path.

Regards