586,113 active members*
3,259 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Using Transform Toolpaths

Using Transform Toolpaths

Hello,
    I am new to using Mastercam and wanted to know if there was a easier and faster way to transform toolpaths. I programed a part thats runs two per vice and two vices. I've used the transform toolpath after each tool, but when I am using that tool for 4 different cuts I have 12 transform toolpaths, 3 for each part. By the end of the program I have like 20 transform toolpaths, this is very time consuming and I know there has to be a better way to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Well it's a lot easier if you copy the original transform and just reselect the Op that's getting transformed. 99% of the parameters are the same. The only thing different for your Transform is the Operation that being transformed. Copy & Paste, then re-select the toolpath.

Do you also realize that you can select more than one operation when your doing a transformation! If it's the same tool, dont you use that tool for part #1 (complete), then do all the same toolpaths for part #2?

There's probably a 1/2 dozen things you could do to improve your programming time. The number of operations isn't the question. The questions how long is it taking you to program the part?

What type of training have you had to improve your efficiencies?

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

If you are only looking for multiple work offsets, mpsubrep post is an easier way to do this.

If you aren't willing to change posts, try doing one part complete, then transform all operations by toolplane. You don't need a transform for every tool. Mastercam can do multiple tool transform ops.

Take a look at this thread:

http://cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41293

Toward the end, I finally got everything sorted out so it made sense to me. I posted the details of how I did it and what each option meant.

http://cnczone.com/forums/showthread...073#post518073
    Greg

I'm writing the program complete then doing my transform toolpaths, but if I transform multiple tootpaths the program runs one complete part at a time instead of running each tool complete before making a tool change. In transform toolpath I could select all the operations or only one at a time, is there there a way to select more than one operation at a time wihtout selecting all operations.
    Thanks

I would create a new toolpath group for only the toolpaths that you which to transform...or you could just hold the control button on your keyboard and select those you which to transform.

If you are getting one comploete part at a time, check your nci sort order. Operation order - operation type changes this.