586,058 active members*
3,425 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hermes NHI 810

Hi Guys,

I just picked up one of these that has good hardware but the electronics appear to be bad. Has anyone retrofitted one with an aftermarket controller?

Also, where can I get a manual?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
    Orin

I also just purchased one of these (lots of cartridges).

Were you ever able to locate a manual? I would like to see if it works before I take it apart to salvage the router table.
    George Lawrence Storm, Kenmore (Seattle), Washington
    Inventor, Machinist, Macintosh Applications Developer, Videographer

If either of you need a manual for a Hermes NHI810 Engraver I can get you one. Just contact me and I will email you an updated (as far as updated goes) copy.

Angry NHI 810

I am looking for a NHI 810 "key cartridge", manual, & some font cartridges, namely script or italic if the cost is affordable ( I am on fixed income). if anyone out there has any. Anyway, the msg on the screen says a key cartridge is not plugged in. Could also use a clear plastic shield for the front of the table, as this one is missing. email [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by 762x51 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I just picked up one of these that has good hardware but the electronics appear to be bad. Has anyone retrofitted one with an aftermarket controller?

Also, where can I get a manual?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
    Orin
    Orin,

I upgraded my 810 with a package from Quality One Engravers in California. It works fine and can do many more things. Did you get a manual?

R Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Scrolling Don View Post
    If either of you need a manual for a Hermes NHI810 Engraver I can get you one. Just contact me and I will email you an updated (as far as updated goes) copy.
    Hi. Found this site via Googe search. The industrial plant I work at has lost the manual for the Hermes NHI810. I noticed in your response you had offered to help the previous poster obtain a copy of the manual. Is it possible you could help me also? I would really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by jlwohac View Post
    Hi. Found this site via Googe search. The industrial plant I work at has lost the manual for the Hermes NHI810. I noticed in your response you had offered to help the previous poster obtain a copy of the manual. Is it possible you could help me also? I would really appreciate it.
    I recently contacted Gravograph and they sent me a PDF (which I corrected and sent back to them).

Otherwise I now have a copy.

I am attempting to decide between replacing the power supply which just died and converting the machine to EMC.

Does anyone want to purchase the cartridges and/or other electronics to help spur my decision?

Sorry for the very long delay in replying to this post....

Here is a link to a copy of the 810 manual that I got from Gravograph's service department. Maybe this will be of some help to you guys.

http://www.autochart.com/hermes/810_Manual.pdf (2.8Mb file size)

Regards,
    Orin

Cool NHI 810

I have been running this machine for 2 years in its standard config.
    It always says no key cartridge but runs fine anyway. I have thought about a conversion but lack the knowledge. I have about 3k worth of work going through it this month and it does its job well. It would be nice to be able to set up multiple jobs for one startup but if i just cope with it a bit longer I can upgrade to a roland or something. The chinese ones seem a bit clunky and unreliable.

Cartriges

Quote Originally Posted by keencoyote View Post
    I am attempting to decide between replacing the power supply which just died and converting the machine to EMC.

Does anyone want to purchase the cartridges and/or other electronics to help spur my decision?
    How much you want for the Carts - how many you got - I just purchased one of these to play around with - But only have 1 Cartridge.

Anyone have any cartridges especially the key cartridge. Will it run without the key cartridge. I just got the Hermes 810 can't get it to engrave. Help

Anyone interested in new Hermes 810 runs but I have no idea how to get it to engrave. Motor and computer all works but I don't know how even with the manual? Learning curve

Quote Originally Posted by piefingers View Post
    How much you want for the Carts - how many you got - I just purchased one of these to play around with - But only have 1 Cartridge.
    What is the name of the cartridge

Quote Originally Posted by etchworx View Post
    I have been running this machine for 2 years in its standard config.
    It always says no key cartridge but runs fine anyway. I have thought about a conversion but lack the knowledge. I have about 3k worth of work going through it this month and it does its job well. It would be nice to be able to set up multiple jobs for one startup but if i just cope with it a bit longer I can upgrade to a roland or something. The chinese ones seem a bit clunky and unreliable.
    How do u get it to start engraving. I just got one and can get to where it almost will engrave

It is difficult to explain in writing but here goes.
    1. set up job size parameters then hit edit param button to get to the next page.
    2. set up font size and type (you need to enter the font's code i.e. bn is block normal and d4 is roman 2 line) then hit enter to type your text.
    3. push the engr param button to set up engraving depth etc
    4. set up the cutter as described in the manual
    5. push the motor button to start the spindle then push the start button.

If you can phone me at 9am to 5pm australian eastern time I am happy to go through it with you while you are in front of your machine. Let me know and i will pm the number

As covered in an earlier part of this thread, go to: <http://www.autochart.com/hermes/810_Manual.pdf> (2.8Mb file size) for the manual.

BTW: What is a key cartridge? I have never had it ask for one.

------------

Mine blew its power supply, as I have two larger & newer New Hermes machines, I am thinking of converting it to a dedicated circuit board engraver (unless someone really wants it as a whole machine):

Therefore I am offering my eight cartridges (as a set):

(3) Job Saves
    (1) 1-Line Helvetica H1
    (1) 1-L Block BN
    (1) Futura FU
    (1) 2-L Roman R2
    (1) Special Shapes LG

I am asking $125 for all eight, with USPS shipping by priority mail.
    Sorry no PayPal.

- George Lawrence Storm, Maltby (Snohomish), Washington

New Hermes NHI 810 cartridges

Do you still have these cartridges?

Hi.
    We repair the old Gravograph machines.
    Please, visit our website NCH di Sansoni G.