586,375 active members*
3,510 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Just Bought a Romaxx

Based on the feedback I have seen on this forum and various other places, I have settled on the smaller Romaxx HS1, with MPG, and custom mount for the 3.5 inch routers. I have had the software for a little while now and I'm eagerly awaiting delivery in 3-4 weeks. As a software engineer, I've bought expensive software before but never have I spent so much on a shop tool/machine.

A couple of friends heard me order it this morning and inquired. Needless to say, I already have requests for a couple of signs for their homes. Is this how it starts? Please tell me I'm not crazy.

Here's a question. How many of you are running table top units with the bigger 3.5 inch routers? What can you get away with cutting in relation to the smaller laminate routers?

I'll keep you posted,
    Matt

Matt

Next month I will have had me HS1 for a year, could not be happier with it. Cutting area is a bit smaller than units you see of similar price range on ebay and some sites but it is build like a tank and cuts faster than I care to try. I had it narrowed down to 3 routers, two with a little bigger cutting area then the HS1 but after reading some posts in the last year about the other two I was considering I think I made the right choise.

I use Mach3, VcarvePro/Photovcarve. I cut wood, cast acrylic and corian.

If I had known what I was doing with Mach3 I could have been cutting within 15 minutes of unpacking the HS1.

If Ron has not already done so, as soon as you get your HS1 let Ron know so he can send you the configuration files.

george

I figured I might get a response out of you. I have been reading the forums for quite a while. lol.

I am planning to use the larger Porter Cable 69X or 89X variable speed routers on this so I ordered a custom mount. Ron assured me it would be able to handle it and then some. Are you still using the Ryobi on yours.

Send me a PM with an E-mail address and we can trade notes on this thing. I'm looking forward to getting it here. Waiting sucks.

Cheers,
    Matt

Matt

I have a Porter Cable 890 motor on mine. I had the Ryobi on it for the first 2 months, it got the job done but why run on 4 cylinders when you can have 8. I suggest you get the collet set from PreciseBits, I have the ¼ and 1/8 and it is well worth the money. My Ryobi (old one I had laying around) had some run out.

PM sent.

George